What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems I was suffering from hop overload the first time I had this. After only two hoppy beers it's easy to get the hop character from this one. Floral and piney aroma/flavor. Pretty solid bitterness but still a little too malty for an APA.

20130304_203800.jpg

It seems I was suffering from hop overload the first time I had this. After only two hoppy beers it's easy to get the hop character from this one. Floral and piney aroma/flavor. Pretty solid bitterness but still a little too malty for an APA.

After slamming many a lager or lightly hopped beer after chewing on a few DIPA's, I've learned my lesson as well. Just don't drink that **** and enjoy the hops! :D

Solid Tripel gypsy brewed at Hermitage in San Jose. Goes well with my hb Saison hydro sample. Nice artwork.

image-1506427593.jpg

21st Ammendment Oyster Stout.

I finally found this when I was out of town. I have been trying to find it everywhere! It's really damned good. Really good. I wish I bought more. It has a ever so slight saltiness/ briny flavor in the finish. Solid stout otherwise. Must....find....more....

image-2164486579.jpg

21st Ammendment Oyster Stout.

I finally found this when I was out of town. I have been trying to find it everywhere! It's really damned good. Really good. I wish I bought more. It has a ever so slight saltiness/ briny flavor in the finish. Solid stout otherwise. Must....find....more....

Isn't it great? I'm going to need to pick more up, maybe pick up some of their other beers too. But marooned on hog island kicks ass.

That's kinda my plan. :tank: You should come over when I brew the second go of this, little more active of a brew day than a Flanders, fun too. I'm thinking not this weekend, but next if you're down.

Sounds like a plan to me. As long as I get to drink some when it's all said and down, I'll be a happy camper.

Isn't it great? I'm going to need to pick more up, maybe pick up some of their other beers too. But marooned on hog island kicks ass.

Yes it is pretty damned good!

In summer, the Hell or High Watermelon is pretty awesome. Their Black IPA is good too. I really want to try their Barleywine they just came out with. I wasnt a big fan of the Fireside Chat, or the Hop Crisis. The Crisis was okay, but almost over done on the oak. Some people on here seemed to like it though.

Some people on here seemed to like it though.

I did, though I do think the oak was a bit much, though any oak in an IPA is too much IMO. Take style out of the mix and I think HC is a nice brew. Their BiB is an awesome BIPA/CDA, one of my faves....

....speaking of favorite CDAs, I decided to switch up to my Wandering Goth. :rockin:

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Yes it is pretty damned good!

In summer, the Hell or High Watermelon is pretty awesome. Their Black IPA is good too. I really want to try their Barleywine they just came out with. I wasnt a big fan of the Fireside Chat, or the Hop Crisis. The Crisis was okay, but almost over done on the oak. Some people on here seemed to like it though.

The Barleywine is great!!!

Blaaaaam!!!!!

View attachment 105854

That's kinda my plan too. $10-$20 a bottle or more compared to $30-$40 for 5 gal, totally makes the wait worth it.

I got some jester king bugs i mentioned before. It has the kombucha in it so i hope it does not turn to vinegar. I got 3 gallons of experimental. I did a party gyle batch on one of my beers a let it cool over night open to the air. I'm happy its fermenting happily away :rockin: Got a few more in the works. The LHBS did not have any brett/lacto/pedio cultures so i have to order them to get a cake i can reuse over and over again. Might just culture another JK dreg for it... IDK yet. I might actually keg my sours which they might not last lol. Also i want to do a berliner wiess sour mash during the summer because i know it'll hold temperture well. :mug:

Good luck in you sour conquest. Hope we can try them once its read. I got my first attempt bottled already and me likey. :D

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I've only had old or contaminated cans or something, but I've never had a 21A beer that impressed me. The BIPA and Watermelon Wheat were alright, but all the rest have been pretty bad. That Monk's Blood one was pure awful.

Wish I was with you! But the Commodore Perry was good the last couple evenings. Pop & I retired from the Ford complex across the highway from Hopkins Int'l.

Forgot the pic!

ForumRunner_20130307_084736.png

I got a six pack of burning river to go as well.. Hmm.. I am very close to cracking one of these open on the plane. Anyone know the laws on that? I guess there is only one way to find out

I got some jester king bugs i mentioned before. It has the kombucha in it so i hope it does not turn to vinegar. I got 3 gallons of experimental. I did a party gyle batch on one of my beers a let it cool over night open to the air. I'm happy its fermenting happily away :rockin: Got a few more in the works. The LHBS did not have any brett/lacto/pedio cultures so i have to order them to get a cake i can reuse over and over again. Might just culture another JK dreg for it... IDK yet. I might actually keg my sours which they might not last lol. Also i want to do a berliner wiess sour mash during the summer because i know it'll hold temperture well. :mug:

Good luck in you sour conquest. Hope we can try them once its read. I got my first attempt bottled already and me likey. :D

I was thinking about kegging, but I know I'd drink it up in a couple weeks and I'm not sure I wanna do that. I wanna be able to cellar some of each batch. I can't wait to be able to say my first sour is bottled, it still has a sacch krausen on it ATM, feck, I'll just be happy to have a pellicle on the sucker. :mug:

Drinking some godawful excuse for "coffee". I should know better by now.

I was thinking about kegging, but I know I'd drink it up in a couple weeks and I'm not sure I wanna do that. I wanna be able to cellar some of each batch. I can't wait to be able to say my first sour is bottled, it still has a sacch krausen on it ATM, feck, I'll just be happy to have a pellicle on the sucker. :mug:

Drinking some godawful excuse for "coffee". I should know better by now.

I only did a gallon batch for my experiment. I started it about a year this month. Bottled it a couple of months ago with champagne yeast and sugar. It tasted like crap for a while then i aged it on some chips and got better and better.

I've started a thread on lambics called my Mad yeast experiments where i'm hopefully going to keep updating as it goes along but sometime i forget to do so :confused:

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I've only had old or contaminated cans or something, but I've never had a 21A beer that impressed me. The BIPA and Watermelon Wheat were alright, but all the rest have been pretty bad. That Monk's Blood one was pure awful.

Kinda how I was until I had the Stout. I dont buy any of their beers. I like the BIPA, but I dont buy it, especially when its sitting next to bombers of Wookey Jack or a few other locals that are killer.

I think the only one reason I drink the watermelon wheat in summer is that its actually really refreshing, but its also 2 blocks from the Giants stadium (At&T Park). Its our go to spot before games. A few beers there is a lot cheaper than in the park haha.

Back