What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Pale Ale and a dram if Buffalo Trace
IMG_0001.JPG

Yup

https://www.gueuzerietilquin.be/en/

Gueuze is a lambic so a lot of people like to age them. Tilquins I've had fresh have been really good.

I'd take 3founteinen over Tilquin over Cantillon. Putting Cantillon 3rd probably p*sses a lot of people off but when Tilquin first was distro out of pure luck i got a rare highly rated bottle. Overall I think Cantillons are the biggest trade bait

Let me know which on you prefer. Although you already know #1.
Drinking these all neat.

Whatevathefahk #2 is I'll take it. I'm new to bourbon and #1 was good. I get the bourbon corn sweet at the beginning but I was trying to figure out of the spice was from rye, which i don't think it is, but from the smoky charred oak. I was curious about the abv and seeing 120 explains a lot but the corn tames it. I also don't get the twang on non single barrel. I'm curious if there's any rye in this. If there is I'd say a small minoirty.

#2? I almost get the feeling of aged in second barrel Sherry. Maybe it's just the pure bourbon but aroma floral sweetness honey. Smoooooth. Guessing single barrel. No twang.

I usually drink my whiskeys neat. No ice no water but I know adding is what the experts recommend and I don't want to do that to #2.

But I'm getting absolutley no rye in this just sweetness. Let me guess. This is your urine sample for work.... I'll pay you for it.

As this is sitting I'm almost getting a MacCallen or Bowmore with a sweetness of a bourbon. See I like Dalmore and haven't had that in a while but it's a bourbon. What is it?

Back