What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is that beer? Been wondering about trying that whole line up.

I have had the mead from that line up and when opened, it literally came out like a volcano and sprayed all over my room. Wasn't happy at all. But no words of the beer due to not trying any of it.

Bottling done ... relaxing with this before doing some more work.

image-54980532.jpg

Protein Shake. Just finished a workout.

Bikini season is coming and I need to drop some weight. I promised myself I'd restrict beer drinking to the weekend but, oh man, is it hard when there are gallons and gallons of it already in the house and begging to be drank.

Where do you keep finding the bot??? I've looked all over hartford country

It's at a couple shops here in Groton, but it's almost dried up. I keep meaning to e-mail the brewery and ask if it's a seasonal. I honestly can't tell because availability is so spotty. You want me to grab you some if I can find it? I can hold on to it until the next time I go up to Hartford to visit the in-laws, which should be this weekend.

I found this at a local shop that never carries previous years of anything, but there they were sitting on the shelf. I picked up two, one for tonight and one to save to do a vertical sometime after I get a hold of 2011. Might wait until I get the 2014 next year before I do that. As for this one the hop character is still definitely there, but quite muted. As would be expected, due to the reduced hop character it's a lot sweeter than fresh. I can taste those dark fruit flavors starting to develop, but it's still a hop dominated beer albeit closer to balanced than hop forward.

20130305_210200.jpg

Lot 2672 Cluster (field two) . Kinda mild hop aroma but probably aged more than it should be but pretty good hop flavor-kind of intense really, but with the centennial-lot I had before it didnt seem to have a typical centenial character(could have been aged as well),but I seem to like this cluster hopped one better. I still like their Resistance better than this,no matter what hop they use in em so far.

heavy handed centennial lot.jpg

I found this at a local shop that never carries previous years of anything, but there they were sitting on the shelf. I picked up two, one for tonight and one to save to do a vertical sometime after I get a hold of 2011. Might wait until I get the 2014 next year before I do that. As for this one the hop character is still definitely there, but quite muted. As would be expected, due to the reduced hop character it's a lot sweeter than fresh. I can taste those dark fruit flavors starting to develop, but it's still a hop dominated beer albeit closer to balanced than hop forward.

this just took the place of narwal on the shelf at my beer haven. I plan on grabbing 2 of these 4 packs and stashing most in the beer cave. I love me some barley wine!

Bells-Smitten Golden Rye. My third of the sixer(not consecutive) and gotta say it deserves or just should be drank from a snifter. I didnt notice how pungent it was with the other two from before til I now tried it in a snifter.

Mortlach 15 year scotch, 1 rock.

Received it on my wedding night from SWMBO. Not a bad scotch, but i would have preferred a few others. ***SHHHHH. Dont tell her hahahaha***

nukebrewer said:
It's at a couple shops here in Groton, but it's almost dried up. I keep meaning to e-mail the brewery and ask if it's a seasonal. I honestly can't tell because availability is so spotty. You want me to grab you some if I can find it? I can hold on to it until the next time I go up to Hartford to visit the in-laws, which should be this weekend.

That's awfully generous if you! It's ok tho, I've had the bot and know its awesomeness, I just wanted to see if you found a honeyhole of sorts. I ask all the places by me, they say they get it in VERY rarely, and when they do it is only a couple and they go fast. So apparently it's up here I've just never seen it! Great great beer tho

Just had a Short's Good Humans, Dry-Hopped Double Brown Ale. Haven't had anything like it before, very nice.

I just wish it tasted as good as it looks... Still, those first few swigs of nitro foam are pretty awesome.

image-1874566474.jpg

That's awfully generous if you! It's ok tho, I've had the bot and know its awesomeness, I just wanted to see if you found a honeyhole of sorts. I ask all the places by me, they say they get it in VERY rarely, and when they do it is only a couple and they go fast. So apparently it's up here I've just never seen it! Great great beer tho

All right, well if you get desperate let me know. I only know of one place here that definitely has it and that's as of this past Friday. Have you tried Manchester Wine and Spirits? Their selection is top notch.

I just wish it tasted as good as it looks... Still, those first few swigs of nitro foam are pretty awesome.

I think the head makes it taste like a cream ale, and the only cream ale I've found locally is Wexford Irish Cream Ale. Wexford tastes like cereal, Boddington's is a bitter pale with a hint of honey. Between the two, I prefer Boddington's.

dudius said:
I think the head makes it taste like a cream ale, and the only cream ale I've found locally is Wexford Irish Cream Ale. Wexford tastes like cereal, Boddington's is a bitter pale with a hint of honey. Between the two, I prefer Boddington's.

It's growing on me now after the second pint ;) I guess I'm just used to slightly more assertive ales.

Winding down with some RyeIA lots of tropical fruit, smelled like bubblegum in the boil, not so much much in the finished beer though. Its real cloudy dont know if I need to get a water report or if it was the dryhopping at 72 with 2oz in 5G. Its good anyhow

Back