What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my Promised Land Stout while gearing up for my insane late hopping schedule.

image-1221256079.jpg

My first batch of Biere de Garde - not really getting any better in the bottle. Nothing wrong with it per se, just not quite what I was after. A little thin, no head retention. On the bright side, it's 9.5% ABV so it's just what the doctor ordered before dinner with my in-laws. I'm trying to get two batches bottled before they get here in two hours and I'll still have 3 carboys on the kitchen counter. Of course I've also got all my brew stuff on the porch and 6 cornies out there, so in spite of their religous convictions, they might have to admit I really like beer at some point.

The cruelest joke ever played on me was having this once on a layover at O'Hare and then not being able to get it here. That has now been remedied via a trade with one of the regulars at Beer Forum.

Gotta love the Two Hearted nuke. She's a tasty one. Can get it all the time round here.

I know all you guys who have been getting this year after year say it's not as good as previous years, but with no frame of reference I have to say this a great great beer. I'd still take Heady or Abrasive over this any day, but I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed... if you know what I mean
wink.gif

20130220_185100(1).jpg

I know all you guys who have been getting this year after year say it's not as good as previous years, but with no frame of reference I have to say this a great great beer. I'd still take Heady or Abrasive over this any day, but I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed... if you know what I mean

It is tasty, just overpriced for what it is imo. I like it waaaay better on tap, it's much hoppier then.

You know you have the right hobby when this is research. I wanted to try a good variety of Amber Ales before my batch gets ready. From left to right...

Opa-Opa Red Rock Ale, Ballast Point Amber Ale, Anderson Amber Ale, Troegs Hop Back Amber, Full Sail Amber, Hebrew Genesis Dry Hop Session Amber Ale, Offshore Amber Ale, Peak Organic Amber Ale, Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale, Ommegang Rare Vos Belgian Amber Ale, Imported Hof ten Dormaal Belgian Amber Ale, Ithaca Cascazilla Red IPA

research.jpg

dirtybasementbrew said:
Another glass of my jalapeño ale, starting to grow on me. Not sure about smell yet! Anyone know how I could have mellowed that out a bit?

By using red hot peppers such as cayenne or even ripened jalapeños or habanero. Green jalapeños are quite vegetal.

nukebrewer said:
The cruelest joke ever played on me was having this once on a layover at O'Hare and then not being able to get it here. That has now been remedied via a trade with one of the regulars at Beer Forum.

My favorite. They didn't have any at my usual store last week, so I'm having a Ranger instead.

nukebrewer said:

It's available all the time at France44 if you so choose and don't live in Texas *snicker*. Not a bad price and more convenient than swapping. I haven't gotten it yet, I just discovered these guys and got the Surly beers last time.

Oaked Arrogant Bastard. I detect a little bit of vanilla, which goes very well with this beer. After trying both this and the regular Arrogant Bastard, I think I can safely say that I wouldn't buy this beer again. It's good, but I wouldn't exactly call it a go-to beer for me.

It's available all the time atFrance44 if you so choose and don't live in Texas *snicker*. Not a bad price and more convenient than swapping. I haven't gotten it yet, I just discovered these guys and got the Surly beers last time.

Yeah, I just recently (like within the last week) found out that Connecticut changed the law to allow people to receive shipments of alcohol. Might have to look into it.

Torpedo, my go-to IPA. Even though I live out in the boonies, I can still consistently get some great beers. :rockin:

MrNic said:
Did anyone have this when it was called Gordon? If so, is it the same beer? Or did they change it when they changed the name? I'm curious because I want to brew the CYBI clone of Gordon, but only if it's the same beer at G'Knight.

Same beer, they had to change the name in 2011 because of a cease and desist from the Gordon Biersch brewery

Pretty good but doubt I ever get it again. Ska's got some really great beers and then plenty I wouldnt ever get again too. Not shure if Ive been inspired or tried enough to be inspired by any Imperial Porters so far. I can think of a handfull of regular porters Id rather have than this. Excellent aroma it has though.

nefarious ten pin.jpg

Back