What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point I don't know who is making decisions, but I'm not paying!! This is a 10-year scotch, Smoky campfire and smooth... Chilled, of course

IMG_20180502_212809.jpg

And then I had the genius idea of getting too mini growlers of the Bramble Blast Blackberry sour to take home to California.

Initial plan, take them home...

Reality, drink them both at the hotel with coworker who is also on travel.

...Those other two beers, empty now... ughhhhh... ermahgod.

IMG_20180502_222744.jpg

Any recipe ?? ... ;)

54703978391__54D716E9-9AE2-4FB7-B7BE-4B02BDA9123D.jpg

Since the addition of our little one to our family it’s been hard to break out the 10 gallon kettle, heat that volume, and cool that volume....so this is a boil of about 4 gallons and then top off the remaining volume in the fermenter.

It’s basically Brooklyn’s Sorachi Ace from BYO, with some tweaks in hop additions and whirlpooling, since that’s what all the cool kids are doing.

At 4.8% it’s great for summer

Sounds like you are sparring your children?
The 7yr old grandson starting to train at a UFC gym. Have to admit my nerves started firing until all the injured part spoke to me. Two of my boys did amature MMA octagon fights and I mostly did Kung Fu starting in 1989 until deciding to try MMA at 44. We all have serious injuries from the MMA training tho so no one's training anymore and I'm still paying for the surgeries...fun fun fun! Stick with the softer matrial arts as I know of too many people with surgeries from MMA training. Looks great on TV but a wrong twist here or there and you'll be in pain the rest of your life.
I found it too dry for my preference, but curious what you thought.
I've had a couple of these style ciders. They taste like Saisons to me. It was dry but didn't bother me. Sucked it all down! Thanks!

Coffee...

Last edited:
View attachment 568504

Since the addition of our little one to our family it’s been hard to break out the 10 gallon kettle, heat that volume, and cool that volume....so this is a boil of about 4 gallons and then top off the remaining volume in the fermenter.

It’s basically Brooklyn’s Sorachi Ace from BYO, with some tweaks in hop additions and whirlpooling, since that’s what all the cool kids are doing.

At 4.8% it’s great for summer
Thank ya muchly ...

General contractor just got loaded off some home brew. Imperial 9% stout, 3.5% Red, multiple 12% Cherry Quads and even a diacetyl sample. He's doing things right...restoring some industry faith. Fluchh..got to pick up granddaughter at 4pm at school..hummmm....

Only 1 pick tho..cherry quad...
20180503_133213.jpeg

Electric Jellyfish and a view.

Dude behind the counter said they were just talking about my quad I shared a few months back before I walked in..wow! Speechless!! General contractor was wide eyed about the HBs, wanted more...besides the 60K price tag on cloud nine.

20180503_162827.jpeg

Last edited:
It was my friend's FIL, I don't know. I remember her very well from the 80s, that's why I thought it was so cool when i found it in the box. I was only drinking Killian Brown and Guiness back in those days, had no idea what craft beer was.

Electric Jellyfish and a view.

Dude behind the counter said they were just talking about my quad I shared a few months back before I walked in..wow! Speechless!! General contractor was wide eyed about the HBs, wanted more...besides the 60K price tag on cloud nine.

View attachment 568555

Care to share the HB cherry quad with a fellow midwesterner? Full disclosure... I'm a cyclone fan. [emoji481]

Not a bad summer beer. Still has some hoppiness. Could see throwing a couple of these in the cooler for the non hop head inBev crowd and not being disappointed having the leftovers
IMG_20180503_201824.jpeg

Latest posts

Back