What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polish lager

image.jpeg

View attachment IMG_9846.jpg

This home brew was suppose to be an IPA with homegrown hops (Cascade, Chinook & Centennial) but the hops are almost non-existent. [emoji53] I’m not a fan of the beer it’s too malty for me. It’s almost tastes like a Blonde Ale but is too dark said a fellow home brewer from our club. No flaws with the beer, just a lack of hops. I even added new dry hops to the keg and I still don’t care for it.

I did a split batch and fermented one with WLP001 & the other with OYL-052. The WLP001 was the worse of the two regarding the lack of hop aroma and flavor. The OYL-052 is better but I’m still not a fan. This photo is a blend of the two off the taps and I still don’t care for it.

I think I’ll invite a bunch of friends over this week to sample it and if they like it, fill growlers for them. If they don’t care for it, I’ll probably dump it.

Back