What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here she is.. Not great lighting. It's not a hop bomb on cask, pretty interesting actually. I want this snifter!

image-1747210002.jpg

The one with the O on it is oatmeal stout. The pecan pie ale is the one with the P on it.

I took the first sip and thought couldn't taste any pecan, so I looked to see if you posted the recipe and all I could find was a bunch of recipes for pecan pie porter. I just figured it was young and the pecan flavor hadn't come out yet, guessing it must be a porter, haha

Ranger creek small batch #4 its a double mesquite smoked porter aged on their own bourbon barrels. So yummy.

EllisTX said:
Really? Maybe the bars you've had casks at don't handle the beer properly. I've had lots of great beers on cask.

I've admittedly only had 2, but both (from separate locations) were just a little cooler than room and probably carbonated to about half a volume.

image-67736333.jpg

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan. It's a pecan nut brown, not bad, you can pick up the pecans.

I've admittedly only had 2, but both (from separate locations) were just a little cooler than room and probably carbonated to about half a volume.

Bummer. Like all beer there are good ones and bad ones I'm sure. Everyone I've had has been a tapping where the firkin only lasted about an hour. I suppose they did the have time to warm up.

Having a light night tonight. I was gonna celebrate passing my recertification in the top 5% of all the engineers in my company for the year, but I'm too damned tired to drink more than 3 beers. Here's what I've had so far; Left Hand Milk Stout (2), and a Boddingtons on nitro. Maybe I'll have a few more tomorrow...

Hydro sample of my irish red to chase down one of my last few punkin beers (I really need to get rid of these...). I want it to dry out some more yet and it's a little roastier than I wanted. Also, more brown than red. Back to the drawing board

Some aged Pumpkin Wheat Brown. One I liked much better with age. Except my poor judgement with carbonation. And a CaliV Horizon Citra Amarillo IPA. Quite exceptional.

0131032052.jpg

caliv  horizoncitrusamarillo-001.jpg

Gandhi bot

Tastes of pineapples and tropical fruits. A little bit sticky tho only complaint.

Best IPA in ct without a doubt

View attachment 97938

Hell yeah! Gandhi-bot is the $hit! I've been seriously spreading the word about GB. Sent some to Nordy and getting ready to send some out to a guy from BeerForum tomorrow.

I myself am drinking a Smuttynose Big A IPA right now. Very good IIPA.

Attachments

• 20130131_233700.jpg
    20130131_233700.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 152
Yuri4x4 said:
I recently moved to the Pacific Northwest from the Midwest, so I'm slowly (but surely) trying all the new brews I find at the grocery store.

Tonight, it's Kona's Longboard Island lager. While I don't know what the style guidline is for 'island lager', this beer is exactly what I expected... vision a bunch of tourists sitting at a Waikiki beach bar, pounding these down one after another. That's exactly what it is. That said: I'm actually enjoying this. As a brewer who's tried to do Light American Lagers myself, it's REALLY tough to brew this style! There's nothing (malt/hop flavors) to cover-up your mistakes when brewing Light American Lagers. I'll put it to ya this way... If I were trying to homebrew a Light American Lager, and came even close to this, I would be completely satisfied. This is a great example of the style. It doesn't have any off-flavors at all. It smells nice, is balanced, is clear, the 'early morning pee yellow' color is right on the mark, and it finishes clean and crisp. This isn't like Bud/Miller/Coors puts out... I don't detect any 'beachwood' or 'rice' (adjunct) flavors. So I would guess it's all-malt. I think Kona brewing company hit the bullseye with this beer.

Where did ya move to? All Kona beer on the mainland is brewed in Portland by Widmere.

goose bump imperial stout......

not too shabby, little weak in the mouth feel area, slightly more bitter than I generally prefer, but only just. Not getting a lot of coffee, which is good for my palate. Overall nothing to write home about, but definitely drinkable. Hides the 9.0 ABV pretty well.

**edit. now that it has warmed up a bit, the initial bitterness i perceived has mellowed out, so in my book, all in all, definitely one step above not too shabby.

Back