What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming along nicely

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_20170814_183457d9f37.jpg

IMG_20170813_2233470726b.jpg

IMG_20170813_2156387403b.jpg

Tasting a few of the beers my Latvian friend brought me as they were visiting us last weekend. Problem is I don't speak a single word of Latvian so can't really tell a lot about them :D

First one is pretty good, has a bit of a hop bite. The second, I'm told, is brewed with meadowsweet extract. Tastes a bit like nettles to me. The last one was ok but a little bland, I was expecting a bit more malts from that one.

Youngest son hit Tree House and Trillium recently and brought me some samples.
This Green! is delicious and confirms what I've been tasting in my own Galaxy juice bombs.
Two pints up! :mug:

treehouse_green.jpg

Evenin' Brokea$$, would there be any recipe you could share on that roasty red?? ... ;) ... and welcome to the site.

I certainly will be glad to share.
I'm not the best at recipes here but this is what I use.

5 gallon batch
6oz Briess roasted barley
8oz Briess 80L crystal malt
8oz Victory
8oz cara-pils
6lbs muntons light DME
1oz cascade hops
1oz fuggle hops
1tsp irish moss
16oz honey

Steep grains 45 mins at 150-160
Add DME and bring to boil
Total boil time 60 minutes

Boil schedule
Cascade 30 minutes
Honey and Irish moss 15 minutes
Fuggle 10 minutes

Picked up another case of this. I enjoy crushing these.

That has been one of my go-to beers lately when i'm on the road and need to buy something. Lately i seem to be getting a lot of them that are usually packaged within the past few weeks. Definitely better when its really fresh!

That has been one of my go-to beers lately when i'm on the road and need to buy something. Lately i seem to be getting a lot of them that are usually packaged within the past few weeks. Definitely better when its really fresh!

I totally agree. These were canned 3 weeks ago. Not bad seeing they had to ship them across the country and get into distribution.

IMG_1325.jpg

@RevKev, went to buy the white monkey tonight and it was going for $24 a bottle. There were a ton of them. I think I'll wait till they get marked down or go on sale. Sour Monkey is my favorite. Here is a nightcap.

IMG_1327.jpg

Is it your bday today ?

Highwater Campfire stout at the drive in with gf

The 10th..took the granddaughter to the Houston Museum of Science that day. Great time if you ever get the chance. Paleontology exhibit is top notch. Did the planetarium and butterfly exhibit. Sorry, but missed the Chemistry exhibit, ran out of time.

Back