What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes theirs nothing better than Cardinals Baseball and an American Lager

WP_20170428_001.jpg

Another bottle of the Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel which I liked so much, I bought a case. :mug:

Good thing the local craft beer store was willing to give me an "employee discount" on a case sized order, or buying a case of German imported beer would be a lot more painful than it is.

I'm going to have to learn how to make something like this - although they've been making this beer since 1050 C.E. so I doubt I'd ever get an exact clone.

As an added plus, the 500 Ml bottles are excellent for re-using for homebrew :)

-

unnamed.jpg

Cooper's Brew A IPA kit made with 1 kg light DME, fermented with US-05 and dry hopped with an ounce of Cascade. It's not too bad at all.

Another bottle of the Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel which I liked so much, I bought a case. :mug:

Good thing the local craft beer store was willing to give me an "employee discount" on a case sized order, or buying a case of German imported beer would be a lot more painful than it is.

I'm going to have to learn how to make something like this - although they've been making this beer since 1050 C.E. so I doubt I'd ever get an exact clone.

As an added plus, the 500 Ml bottles are excellent for re-using for homebrew :)

-

Yep, good or bad beer you always have more bottles. The only down side to canning. I'd love to compare with the 1050 Dark Ages version! 😀

Harviestoun Brewery's Old Engine Oil Black Ale.

I'll. Be. Damned.

Until this very bottle, I could have sworn I didn't like beer with a pronounced bitterness - leaning toward estery wheat beers, malty Dunkels, and sours.

I do however love my bitter coffees.

I won't say this is a super bitter beer ( it's not ), but the bitterness is there, nicely balanced by the chocolate sweetness and coffee notes, which make the bitter not only OK, but a needed and wanted element.

I think I just discovered an entire class of beers that make pronounced bitterness very tasty.

Tastes like dessert :)

unnamed (1).jpg

Cracked this bad boy from @Thorrak.. was gunna save it and share but nawww

Know that feeling! Sucks to be them..

Shootdang. I like this.. it's so easy to drink but for an RIS wished it had more body to it. Gimme dat roast!!! Would've made it a 5/5

Heading to San Luis Obispo in a month. Like 30min away from FSW main brewery. Managed to talked my wine drinking family into a trip. Should experience that on tap!

Coffee and oj..

Latest posts

Back