What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deschutes Red Chair NWPA with Baked Potato Soup!

image-1002757121.jpg

Now I am drinking the first of a batch of Pale Ale which is also the first batch brewed with homegrown Cascades... and it's great! I'm very proud of it. Before that I had two black & tans with oatmeal stout and Bass clone.. MMMM

Had a Firestone Pale 31-yum. And a New Albion from SamAdams-dont care for it to much. Whileist watching my yeast grow in a liter starter/wlp001 liquid yeast for a 2.5 gal Pliny clone/ hopefully some yeast harvesting from this starter too. Anybody know if I need to wash a starter to get 3 more jars out of it to store it for future batches? Or can I add the starter straight to jars to the fridge without the need to wash it? Ive tried finiding answers in the yeast washing thread but no responses.

Widmer Nelson.. Not bad at all, especially since it was bottled in September. Little bit hot. Tiny bit.

Oh, and, I found a place to order Abrasive for 9.99 a 4pk. For $40 shipped I'm getting 8 pints of Abrasive which rocks.

Enjoying a Chimay after putting a new mini kegerator together. Gonna enjoy kegging a milk stout and putting it on tap in the new addition. Watching the temps fall and now time to see how it cools.

image-3720185812.jpg

bottlebomber said:
Oh, and, I found a place to order Abrasive for 9.99 a 4pk. For $40 shipped I'm getting 8 pints of Abrasive which rocks.

Oh, good for you! "Look at me, I'm Bottlebomber, I'm in California and I can get things shipped to me." :p

I'll be here in Texas where no online retailer can ship beer to me.

WesleyS said:
Oh, good for you! "Look at me, I'm Bottlebomber, I'm in California and I can get things shipped to me." :p

Really? Dude that sucks.. Well, that's what you get for being a sovereign nation.

WesleyS said:

I thought you could but it had to be a gift from someone else and they card you on delivery. That's what it said when I was looking at beer jobber last time.

Not to shabby. I'm not getting any lemon though which is slightly disappointing. Pretty good though.

I didn't pick up any lemon when I had it either. It was kind of a mediocre ipa actually. I expected more hop flavor and aroma.

JesperX said:
I thought you could but it had to be a gift from someone else and they card you on delivery. That's what it said when I was looking at beer jobber last time.

I'm not sure. It just seems that every site I've looked at previously that ships beer says they can't ship to Texas.

American Pale Ale-style- from Ireland.Very tastey. Starter + clean kitchen for brewing/bottleing early tomarrow. Aint no way Im gonna let a 9$(lhbs-price$) vial of yeast make just one batch o' beer either. I always walk out scratching my head wondering why I spent so much.

0119032100.jpg

3 or 4 different Jolly Pumpkin
Jester King - Black Metal
Jester King - Funk Metal
Jester King - Das Uberkind
Jester King - Das Wunderkind
Jester King - Le Petit Prince
Jester King - RU-55
Jester King - Bonnie the Rare
Jester King - Gotlansdrika
Jester King - Weasel Rodeo
Mikeller - Jackie Brown

3 or 4 other European Saisons

My English Mild

and

80 Acre Hoppy Wheat Blvd.

Haputanlas said:
3 or 4 different Jolly Pumpkin
Jester King - Black Metal
Jester King - Funk Metal
Jester King - Das Uberkind
Jester King - Das Wunderkind
Jester King - Le Petit Prince
Jester King - RU-55
Jester King - Bonnie the Rare
Jester King - Gotlansdrika
Jester King - Weasel Rodeo
Mikeller - Jackie Brown

3 or 4 other European Saisons

My English Mild

and

80 Acre Hoppy Wheat Blvd.
Let's play a game of can you spot the ghey beer.

Let's play a game of can you spot the ghey beer.

Only if you'll play 'can you spot the gheyest member of homebrewtalk'. :ban: Just Kidding.

But seriously, this is one of the best TRUE session beers out there. At 2.9% ABV, it's hard to find anything with this much character anywhere near that ABV. Dry hopped to the hilt and spends close to 3 months in a tank. The conditioning makes a big difference.

Back