What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More HB Row 2, Hill 56

DSC01474_zpse4t738mh.jpg

Man, I wish I would have read this sooner! I was there at the release this past Saturday too! And had tickets to the second release slot. We totally could have met Up and done some talking and possibly trading. Where did you fly in from? I'm down in Roanoke about 2 1/2 hours from LCCB and get their beers pretty frequently here.

We flew in from Boston. My gf has family in Richmond and in Short Pump. We are there a few times a year, JetBlue flies direct. we were at the second slot too. We stayed for about 2 hours and then went to check out The Vail. We hit up LCCB everytime we are there, also Strangeways, Hardywood, Ardent.....there is some really cool stuff going on in Richmond.
I just got news today that my 4 bottles of MPB just arrived safe and sound. I also picked up a bottle of Carrot Cake Porter at the party and a bottle of Hardywood Barrel Series from a Kroger.

HB Chinook IPA. Bottles are over carbed so it's not as easy drinking as it should be. Oh well it's still beer

TGIF

Nice, how was it? I've been looking for a solid coconut stout to make. Did you use grated/shredded coconut or an extract?

Came out too good! Basically an Old Rasputin clone base. Divided in half (@2.5gal). Toasted 5oz medium grated pure coconut (no additives) from a bulk bin, until brown. Put in a SS strainer for about 3 days. There was a nice oil sheen when I bottled. I've read where some are worried about head retention so they soak up the oils prior to secondary. I think that's silly. Care more about flavor. BTW, the other 2.5gal put bourbon (Ezra Brooks), coffee, and 2 vanilla beans for 3 days also. Not even 1 week old yet and gone through 1/4 of them. Do it!

HB hard limeaide, HB Session Stout, HB IPA (kicked keg), now this..

View attachment 1475878466051.jpg

Bought a Quinoa based beer today because it was novel...and DAMN it was good! We had 4 more.

Medium body, citrusy, clean, hoppy finish. A very good beer no matter what its made from.

Historicaly appropriate too, since we are in Peru where Quinoa has been cultivated for centuries (pre Inca cultures).

The one on the left is the Quinoa beer. The right an Imperial Ale...royal all right at 10.5% ABV. Both good, both Peruvian.

View attachment 1475881803782.jpg

Back