What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a nice Sweetwater Exodus Porter.

IMAG0202.jpg

First taste of my pecan pie ale. It's still a bit undercarbed due to the lower than normal temperatures, but I think it's going to be good. A little nutty and on the sweet side.

20130111_223500.jpg

Well went to California for a funeral tomorrow, started my day with a sweet water 420 at the atl airport. Then a couple Heinekens on the plane. Then a flight at golden road brewery and a pint of their Berliner Weiss and another of their IPA. Now a few bass with the family

Tonight I went to Gramercy Tavern in NYC and had a Stoudt's Pils and a Hill Farmstead Ephraim IIPA. The former was very good, the later was !!!!!

Belma/2-row SMaSH IPA. TBH, it's not what I was expecting out of this hop. I'd heard that it was a poor hop by itself, but I had to check it out for myself. It's not bad per se, it's just kind of flat and one dimensional. It's not interesting at all. Oh well, you live and you learn. It's pretty, though.

20130111_233400.jpg

Finally got around to sampling the homebrew I got in the Secret Santa swap - very nice selection:

SS_zps5bbf38ad.jpg

From left to right: Blonde Ale, Altbier, Pale Ale & Nut Brown (I'd judge the last two to be of the English variety.)

All excellent and I think I'll be feeling fine by the time I finish all 4 bottles!

The BP on detroit around the corner from me just got Dale's pale ale from Oskar Blues in CO. Added some vodka to it. Very tasty pale,crisp too in the cans. I was wondering how canned pales would be!...:tank: The hops have that herbal,piny thing going with a touch of grapefruit to make it pop. Glad I decided to try different 6'rs this weekend.

unionrdr said:
The BP on detroit around the corner from me just got Dale's pale ale from CO. Added some vodka to it. Very tasty pale,crisp to in the cans. I was wondering how canned pales would be!...:tank:

It was 6.5% before the vodka. That sir is hardcore.

From the land of sky blue water....Hamms. It's not available around here all the time, at least in the places I frequent, so when I see it, I usually grab a case, just to bring back memories of my younger days. That and it's $10 a 30 pack at Meijer.

image-1013691155.jpg

A little Simcoe before dinner to cleanse my palate of all the stouts. Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale, if you have not made this, you need to try it (toasting grains is fun).

Latest posts

Back