What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now what im drinking. another small local brewery. one of my go to beers

WIN_20151226_19_52_45_Pro.jpg

kinda somethng from another post.

here is a 13 month old sour cider. A little experement. About 10% ABV. It was brown sugar, black tea, some random spices from the cabinet (i do that alot) then set out in my shop and open fermented for a week. Held for another week, then secondaried for a month. Bottled dry, un carbed. Honestly at that point it was fing nasty. I almost dumped it. It had the white lambic crap you get from a sour beer, what i expected. Still was gross.
SWAMBO convinced me to bottle it anyway. Over the last year, it has been on my old houses plant shelf for a few months. Then in a storage unit for 4 months. During a record setting 100+ summer. Then in my 65* consistent basement, in my new home, for the rest of the time. Finally opened one a couple weeks ago. OMG its the best cider i have had. Slight sour taste. Very smooth, apple cider taste. I love the bit of tannin you get from the black tea, and it really fleshed out the flavors in it. Im so sad that i only got 4 gallons of it. I dont think i can ever replicate the whole process. But i still get to enjoy it for a bit. I have drank about a gallon of it already

WIN_20151226_20_41_51_Pro.jpg

Nope. Three day weekend!
12 straight days and I was pooped.
Glad its over!

Me too! Could have taken Monday off but it's light. I fell asleep for 4 hours today without trying. SWMBO is a saint for letting me be.

Another 3 day weekend next, with triple time on Thursday.

Coffee. Getting ready for the 6hr drive up north in a packed car to the world of 3 hrs of sunshine per day. Should have brought some actual Darkness with me...

Café. Just had peanut butter toast.

Gonna go get schooled by neighbors on an easy 8 mile run. Grumble. One is 16, the other two are older than me.

... Never mind they all run marathons.

Thrilled that everyone seems to enjoy my Mild so much. I'll be rebrewing it in March.

I brewed it before it was cool. Trendsetter. :D

Full Throttle... Big day of working around the house. Might try to brew, but that'll be pushing it.

Tea. Ugh. Forgot to bring the Surly with us, and all liquor stores are closed here Sundays. Guess I'll be giving my liver a well deserved break today...

Back