What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a pretty good beer. Nice Belgiany character with a solid hop presence.

20121231_224546.jpg

My biere de garde. Not fully carbed going on 4 weeks in the bottle. Lesson learned. Over 9% abv and lagered a month, can't hurt to pitch some champagne yeast when I bottle the next batch. Glad I corked these - should help me cellar some for more than couple months.

Carbonation aside, this is pretty close to Gavroche, the beer I based my recipe on.

image-3466027832.jpg
More of the Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale Simcoe-ness. The pint glass was a Christmas present from SWMBO. I wonder where she got the idea?
For some reason HD commissioned frosted pint glasses, I guess it looks fancy with BMC in it.

This is excellent, Happy Pre New Years!

ForumRunner_20121231_204259.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121231_204227.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121231_204227.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 123
Having my first Heavy Seas Barleywine. Pretty good taste but it is a little hot at 10% and unaged. Probably be pretty good in about six months. May buy a couple this summer for next New Years.

2yr old, 1st batch bottle #75, Bourbon barrel aged Class 5 stout from Kern River Brewing Co. Been saving it for a special occasion, new year 2013 seemed good. A bit flat, I think due to the champagne style cork but MIGHTY tasty and strong.

On Deck; Dechutes Chasin' Freshies, fitting after some Freshies on the mountain today

DSCN0093.JPG

DSCN0097.JPG

Decided to pick up a couple lambics today and this is the first one I'm having. 100% spontaneous fermentation and it's pretty damn good.

Is that label infected or was it just happy to see you. If my wife just liked the style other then Lindemans

Tried out my Caribou Slobber clone...tastes sehr gut!! another week and will be aged to perfection. Uh, right now, sorry to say, I'm sucking on a bit of Carabean(spl) Rum.... New Years, ya'll know...

on tap, Pumpkin Ale. In the wings, Bourbon Barrel Porter...

Mike...better known in Rendezvous circles round these here parts as Numbers.

'n a Happy New Yars to ya'll!!

Mike

My Midnight in Vermont, used Midnight Wheat as base malt ...ohhhhh geez if you like stouts you gotta brew this! Post pucs tomorrow... Black tight bubble head and so damn good, id enter this in a contest!

Dom Perignon 1989, have had the bottles for like over 10 years in my wine cellar. Just a touch to dry for my tastes but the wife and her friends absolutely fawned over it. Still not a bad way to toast the new year (had 3 bottles of the same year).

-deicide

Three Corney kegs: just about out of my ESB and am working on my Imperial Porter. Have one empty. Need to brew, but to busy with holidays and prepping for new kitchen fridge. I need to brew next week and the week thereafter.

Three Corney kegs: just about out of my ESB and am working on my Imperial Porter. Have one empty. Need to brew, but to busy with holidays and prepping for new kitchen fridge. I need to brew next week and the week thereafter.

Yeah you do jeeze!")

Back