What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First bottle of my first sour. Saison base with some maltodextrine fermented with ECY-20. It's ok, only been in bottle for a couple weeks, so hopefully time helps it.
View attachment 315130

I think ECY-20 needs quite a bit of time to develop. My lamBEEc kriek is nearing two years and I might bottle next summer. Oh, and please clean that glass. For the beer! ;)

French press. Had a fever from hell yesterday that laid me out for the entire day. Still feel mostly like crap but at least I can sit up now.

Having long trail smash project.

Dude man... how is that? I've been staring at that for the last two weeks and haven't picked it up just because they have it sitting on the rack instead of cooler. Bad excuse, I know, but Friday's usually require a more hasty gratification.

Enjoying my coffee after early bed and early morning to play with the puppy. Being less self-destructive feels good, go figure.

Full Throttle... Boss out, wife has the day off.

Might be time for a Netflix marathon. At least until lunch.

I think ECY-20 needs quite a bit of time to develop. My lamBEEc kriek is nearing two years and I might bottle next summer. Oh, and please clean that glass. For the beer! ;)

French press. Had a fever from hell yesterday that laid me out for the entire day. Still feel mostly like crap but at least I can sit up now.

What's your fruiting schedule on that kriek?

Feel better man.

Dude man... how is that? I've been staring at that for the last two weeks and haven't picked it up just because they have it sitting on the rack instead of cooler. Bad excuse, I know, but Friday's usually require a more hasty gratification.

Enjoying my coffee after early bed and early morning to play with the puppy. Being less self-destructive feels good, go figure.

I would say I got the flavor of both the malt and the hops, but it was a little underwhelming. And **** going to bed early and getting up early.

Coffee. 6 hours of sleep isn't enough...

2 pounds of cherries per gallon. Racked onto that in July of 2014 so the beer was about 6 months old when I racked. More coffee and water.

So sitting on the fruit for two years? Any fresh fruit plans before bottling?

I've got cherries in the freezer and ECY20 in the fridge now. I have half a batch of @coyote68 's kriek base recipe that's been souring with my house culture for about 4 months now. Planning to brew the other half, combine and pitch the ECY20. Haven't finalized the fruit plan though.

Oh, and uh, drinking some office coffee.

I'll stow them for at least a few months before I try another, and yeah, I gotta clean all my glassware...

Hope you feel better, I'm drinking this now
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447253844.033743.jpg

I guess that's one way to open a can of beer, but it probably would be a lot easier to just use the tab.

1109.gif

So sitting on the fruit for two years? Any fresh fruit plans before bottling?

I've got cherries in the freezer and ECY20 in the fridge now. I have half a batch of @coyote68 's kriek base recipe that's been souring with my house culture for about 4 months now. Planning to brew the other half, combine and pitch the ECY20. Haven't finalized the fruit plan though.

Oh, and uh, drinking some office coffee.

My plan is to brew another batch in Dec/Jan, rack to cherries in June (as soon as they are ready) and then blend the two together at the end of summer (if the new batch seems ready)

One more coffee. Feeling more alive now, thanks for the well wishes.

No Ruthless. It has the coffee stout, Torpedo, Pale and a white IPA. The white is kind of meh, but then again, I haven't really had one that was awesome.

The pack is called Snow Pack. They had them on sale today for $10. The Mrs bought me 2 of them. :D

White Rajah is a pretty awesome white IPA.

I should have listened to my drunk ass last night. Spent an extra 35 min in traffic to get into the office and no beer at lunch...

Office coffee.

We're all disappointed in you.

My commute wasn't too bad and my boss bought everyone breakfast, so there's that. No thundersnow though.

Drinking chai.

I'll stow them for at least a few months before I try another, and yeah, I gotta clean all my glassware...

View attachment 315208

Im surprised that is only your first sour. For some reason I thought you brewed more of them... Either way, that ecy20 can do some amazing things with a beer. How long did it ferment before bottling? When did you use the ecy20 in the fermentation process?

Water before lunch.

"That's straight juice boys" Well... Dar does have a point... [ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4YJ9k9WUU[/ame]

Just finished espresso #1. Probably gonna make another and add Irish cream to numb myself from the stupidity at work today.

Im surprised that is only your first sour. For some reason I thought you brewed more of them... Either way, that ecy20 can do some amazing things with a beer. How long did it ferment before bottling? When did you use the ecy20 in the fermentation process?

Well, I dumped a few gallons I did with dregs, and I've got about 10-12 gallons with various combinations of Gabe's bugs still going.

This one was ECY-20 from the start and was going for about 13 months before I bottled it 2.5 weeks ago.

Well, I dumped a few gallons I did with dregs, and I've got about 10-12 gallons with various combinations of Gabe's bugs still going.

This one was ECY-20 from the start and was going for about 13 months before I bottled it 2.5 weeks ago.

Dang, you are more patient than I am haha. Did you pitch any sacch with it in primary? That may be why it isnt quite as developed as youd like. I know it says there is sacch in the mix, but the few times I skipped pitching additional sacch in primary the results were bland. I've always pitched sacch with ecy20 though, so I cant be for sure thats the case here.

Cold Milk.

@beermeduffman

Were you out celebrating the USMC birthday or your own?

Thanks for your service.

Thanks, it was my honor.

Not necessarily on my own, no. There is are a few bars around town that do their own celebrations. The USMC was founded in the city and in a tavern, it only seems appropriate to celebrate that way.

Dang, you are more patient than I am haha. Did you pitch any sacch with it in primary? That may be why it isnt quite as developed as youd like. I know it says there is sacch in the mix, but the few times I skipped pitching additional sacch in primary the results were bland. I've always pitched sacch with ecy20 though, so I cant be for sure thats the case here.

The taste is right and the acidity is right, just a lingering harshness? at the end. So I think it turned out good, just needs some extra time to smooth off the edges maybe.

The taste is right and the acidity is right, just a lingering harshness? at the end. So I think it turned out good, just needs some extra time to smooth off the edges maybe.

It's amazing how sours take a crazy long time to go from completely disgusting to almost drinkable.

Great style.

Back