What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brett B Red and Brett L Kriek gravity samples. The Brett B is holding steady at 1.011. Hasn't changed in ~2 weeks. Hit it with 2 oz of Wakatu as a dry hop, since I got em free and didn't know what else to do with him and planned on use Hallertau anyway and they're similar. Brett L has dropped back down to 1.003 (where it was pre-fruit), but needs more cherry, 5 lbs in 5 gallons isn't enough. It's noticeable but very, very subtle.

Brett B Red and Brett L Kriek gravity samples. The Brett B is holding steady at 1.011. Hasn't changed in ~2 weeks. Hit it with 2 oz of Wakatu as a dry hop, since I got em free and didn't know what else to do with him and planned on use Hallertau anyway and they're similar. Brett L has dropped back down to 1.003 (where it was pre-fruit), but needs more cherry, 5 lbs in 5 gallons isn't enough. It's noticeable but very, very subtle.

For my kriek, I racked 5 gallons onto 8 lbs of cherries for 8 months. Then re-racked onto 4 more lbs for an additional 3 months before bottling. I think it could have still used more.

For my kriek, I racked 5 gallons onto 8 lbs of cherries for 8 months. Then re-racked onto 4 more lbs for an additional 3 months before bottling. I think it could have still used more.

Yeah, I rarely make fruit beers but when I do I never seem to use enough. Tastes good though.

Another Murphy's.

Last night:

Three bull**** bottles from Hydra Beer Company in Sioux Falls. Not sure what kind of drugs would make a brewery think pre-aging a DIPA would be a good idea.

After I tried those for some feedback to an industry member:

Sweet Baby Jesus
Avery Liliko'i Ke Polo
Malta Guinness (messing with the group a little)
Rare Barrel Map of the Sun
Casey Fruit Stand Montromency
Bell's Neptune
Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel
Widmer 2012 Imperial Stout Raspberry
Avery Rumpkin 2015

Today:
Boulevard 80 Acre
Long Island iced tea (drink special at lunch)

More tonight.

their beer is not good.

I could have told you that.

Quick water before beers.

BL.jpg

FTFY.
o

Crushable.

Dry and wasn't overwhelming with the spiciness from the yeast. My saisons are usually a bit spicy and sometimes I like it while sometimes I don't. Yours was in the middle. Awesome beer.

Having a chinook and citra IPA I dry-hopped with citra and simcoe.

View attachment 307940

Thanks! I dry hopped with Nelson, motueka and kohatu. It came off a little herbaceous to me but I think it's really coming around. Glad you liked it!

I've followed the advice of that wise old sage ( @TNGabe ) and used two pounds of fruit to every gallon. So far that has worked every time.

Water on the train.

Yeah, I always remember reading 1 lb fruit per gallon, and I brew them so rarely that I always forget that 1lb/gal isn't enough. Once I'm ready to rack my other Kriek onto fruit, I'm going to go 10 lbs instead of 5.

Latest posts

Back