What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
I drank one on 12-12-12 that i had in the fridge for about a year. I really enjoyed it. I agree, the cinnamon was more subdued than expected. I liked the pepper flavor you get up front and it all melded well together. I wish I had bought a few more.

I think this would have been perfect for Christmas Eve night while watching Christmas Vacation. Had I only been more patient.

I really enjoy how it goes from pepper up front to cinnamon to pleasant slightly bitter finish. Wish I could have gotten some 12-12-12 to try next year.

Enjoying a nice glass of Rosé. Don't judge me! :)

image-176772325.jpg

Earlier I did have on tap a Karbach Hopadillo and their seasonal black ale. The Hopadillo was great!

Wednesday I had one of the best beers I've ever had. Bells did a tap takeover at The Buck in St. Joseph, MI. They had 12 taps going, and not just their staples either. The highlight was barrel aged Batch 9000. $5 for a large snifter. Amazing beer.

Looks great ... And seeing your latest acquisition of amarillo and simcoe along with theChristmas cookies makes me think I just might have to tinker around in the kitchen and devise a hop cookie! :mug:

Not a bad idea at all! The cookies are thanks to my wonderful neighbors. Those molasses cookies of hers' are one of my faves. I had the Sim and am out to dry hop my black IPA so I could keg it the day after Xmas. It's the Hoppy New Beer brew. :mug:

Had a Ballast Point Sculpin for the first time. Really solid and balanced IPA. Definitely picking up Amarillo.

Just cracked a Stone 12.12.12 Vertical Epic. Such an interesting, complex beer. Lots of cinnamon and nutmeg with a nice breadiness in the aroma. Taste is very bready, slight banana with chocolate and a hint of cinnamon. Pick it up, this beer is great.

Also scored an Avery 19th Anniversary Triple and a Chimay Grande Reserve in the 150th anniversary bottle that I'll save for another day.

Ive had this before but now Im getting alot of strong herbaly/b-vitamins that I didnt notice before-guess thats why it says ENJOY FRESH??: Hmm.. think I might finish the bottle to further investigate- although its starting to give my tastebuds-beergoggles. ? Better stop here,I gotta visit the lhbs tomarrow.And the roads are still-****ty. (I'm not driving-now,if your thinking that!) Focus.:)
Edit: further investigation reveals some ripe fruit sweetness,but still a strong herbal chalky pungent vitamin jar,get er fresh,yo. yo. get er dun? Sometimes you get in your "element"- this beer does kinda do that. Its not hip hop-country if your thinking that either. Im thinkin better fresh too.

stone.png

jonmohno said:
Never had the oscar because I cant get it here,jealous.

It's really good, the only one I haven't found here yet is Ten Fidy. I'm going to try and find it at the closest Total Wine and More.

No,sign of ten-fidy here either. Having one of these: One of my favorate pale ales. I think I want to brew this,my next beer. I got the Stone Ruination 10th anniversery ipa goggles on kinda,but I use to like this more but Im loving this all the way right now and I would brew it.

ska.jpg

Drinking my 10anv ruination clone...
Glad I made this beer for xmas, cause its going to make awesome gifts!!
One and I'm done son...
Igotsand

Widmer Brothers Shaddock IPA. Although I appreciate the nice hop character and grapefruit flavor in this beer, it's overall a pretty underwhelming beer. Not bad, just not a standout.

image-1150933191.jpg

Had a Ballast Point Sculpin for the first time. Really solid and balanced IPA. Definitely picking up Amarillo.

Just cracked a Stone 12.12.12 Vertical Epic. Such an interesting, complex beer. Lots of cinnamon and nutmeg with a nice breadiness in the aroma. Taste is very bready, slight banana with chocolate and a hint of cinnamon. Pick it up, this beer is great.

Also scored an Avery 19th Anniversary Triple and a Chimay Grande Reserve in the 150th anniversary bottle that I'll save for another day.

Loved the Avery tripel.

Had a tank 7 that I aged for several months (5 months, I believe). It's a lot better than when it's fresh. The peppery taste isn't as pronounced as it was, and it has mellowed some. I believe I'm going to buy another 4 pack of this, and see what a full year does to it. I'm also going to see if I can get the liquor store owner to get some SN Narwhal for me when I go there tomorrow to pick up some more Marshall El Cucuy IBA.
Right now I'm having a Guiness on nitro, while putting my kids to bed...

Sitting on the cr@pper drinking my Belgian IPA. That's right. I bring my beer with me. Doesn't everyone? Helps keep the parts nice and oiled.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Really nice brew!!

I have a bottle of that staring at me every time I open my beer fridge. I guess I should drink it soon.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
That's how I did, he finally got the call tonight and man, solid offering from Stone. One of the better beers I've tried in a long time, I'm really impressed.

My original plan was to get an Arrogant, Double, Oaked and Lucky and drink them all one after the other. Something tells me I'd be feeling pretty good by the end.

Alaskan pilot series imperial red ale. It's a delicious malt forward red ale with a slight alcohol finish but nothing overpowering. Its 8.5% and goes down really smooth.

image-3495919728.jpg

Dragons Milk...mmmmmmmmmm

was at the local liquor store getting my bro some whiskey and whiskey stones for xmas and stumbled across this. i didnt realize it was available in ATL so i had to buy it at 15 for a 4pk

Back