What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first time trying Lagunitas Hop Stoopid.

Holy wow, this beer is CLEAR! And not nearly as malty as I was bracing for - VERY pleasant to drink! Good aroma, great flavor, mild bitterness in the finish. For an 8% beer, it hardly tastes like 6%.

Terrapin Moo-Hoo ... it's like a chocolate malted milkshake :p

image-4090184421.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
I suggest the Rogue ... so you can report how it is :mug:

I remember not liking that one. I like everything I've had from Rogue, but I seem to remember having a hard time finishing that one. I should have kept notes to know why.

^ They had another one from this series, that Im pretty sure I felt the same way. It is a couple of their own grown malts (Hence GYO series "grow your own") and a new hop. Figured Ill try it again. I also bought a Ballast Point "Victory at Sea" Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter. So, I might start with that. Such a cold night here, Porter sounds awesome.

Finally getting to my first drink of the night. Fell asleep for three hours after I got home from work and then had to get my uniform ready for tomorrow, so now I am enjoying my second RJ Rockers brew.

20121213_195855.jpg

bottlebomber said:
How is that treating you? I heard it's an overly sweet butter bomb, but I haven't seen one to try.

I was able to get one from Chicago a couple months ago. It's like dessert in a bottle. I thought it was pretty good, but I don't mind sweet beer. It had an appetizing vanilla cake aroma to it.

WesleyS said:
I was able to get one from Chicago a couple months ago. It's like dessert in a bottle. I thought it was pretty good, but I don't mind sweet beer. It had an appetizing vanilla cake aroma to it.

It seems like people either love it or hate it, with not much in between. I don't mind an occasional sweet beer either. If I saw it I'd buy it. Does it have much caramel/burnt sugar flavor at all?

Westmalle Dubbel. Best by 05-04-13. This is one of my favorite beers, just wish I could buy it by the case and wait the 5 years it really needs to be mindblowing.

The guy at the register said, "Oh man, that **** is like liquid candy. No joke." I've had the Oat, Mocha, and others so I was expecting over the top flavor... but this is ridiculous. It's definitely a dessert beer you savor. It's a butterscotch and vanilla rush of flavor and your lips will get sticky because it's so sweet. I wouldn't buy it again, but I did enjoy it. Just go into it knowing its not going to taste like beer.

bottlebomber said:
It seems like people either love it or hate it, with not much in between. I don't mind an occasional sweet beer either. If I saw it I'd buy it. Does it have much caramel/burnt sugar flavor at all?

Seemed to me like it had a fair enough amount of that caramelized sugar flavor that you'd expect from something called Creme brûlée stout.

My stingray APA. Rip Steve Irwin..

Amber pale with galaxy and Nelson

OG. 1.056
FG. 1.012
IBU: 55 all late 2/1 ratio galaxy to Nelson

2row 81%
C80 10%
C155 4.2%
Flaked barley 4.2%
And a pinch of black patent.

Incredible. The caramel malts blend beautifully with the southern hemisphere hops.

InityBrew said:
My stingray APA. Rip Steve Irwin..

Amber pale with galaxy and Nelson

OG. 1.056
FG. 1.012
IBU: 55 all late 2/1 ratio galaxy to Nelson

2row 81%
C80 10%
C155 4.2%
Flaked barley 4.2%
And a pinch of black patent.

Incredible. The caramel malts blend beautifully with the southern hemisphere hops.

Too soon dude, too soon. :)

Well, it's actually pretty decent. Not too strong of hops on the nose. Very malty nose. Slight caramel. Smells better than tastes. The taste is first sweet and malty, a little watery. With some hops at the finish. I like it, but would probably not buy again and get a different Rogue beer

image-1924586743.jpg

Crikey! Its a tribute!

Also, its really good. The galaxy + Nelson dry hop aroma is heavenly.

Satan's Super Sweet 16 is one of the best. In fact, it would make an excellent theme beer.

Haven't tried Galaxy yet, but I'm obsessed with Nelson. My local Micro dry hops a lagered ale with a little Galaxy. I stuck my head in the open bag yesterday after hearing the guys on the Session talk about how much the Galaxy IPA smelled like hop's cousin. Pellets smelled good, but not like the chronic. I've been reading the new hops book and there are so many chemicals in hops that even the hops scientists don't understand. Then there is all the crazy stuff brett strains and even some sacc strains do to the hop chemicals.

Yeah, I've read this post a few times before hitting submit and know I sound crazy. I'll be in the corner with my tropical saison and fruit punch IPA if anyone needs me...:drunk:

Did you pick that up at Trader Joes Ben? I didn't really care for any of those, but the price was right at least.

Fraoch Heather Ale, a gruit I saw for sale at the store today.

It was $9 for a 4-pack, and they were selling single 12oz bottles for $4 each. I decided to risk the 4-pack despite the possibility I wouldn't like them.

ForumRunner_20121213_191823.jpg

Pacifico: cheap and comes in brown glass pop top bottles. This one will be 24 empties saved. Not a brewer yet but planning on soon.

Back