What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't have mattered what the question was. Beer is always the answer.

While we're on the subject, what is it with people who don't drink beer every day?

I don't trust them.

I give out a few bottles of each batch here and there... then wait for feedback.

The last 2 I gave away was around a week ago. I haven't heard anything back from either of them. So, I hit them up, just being curious.

"Hey, you give that beer a try yet?"

The answer was almost the same from both of them.

"Not yet, excited to try it this weekend though."

Da fuq? It's one beer. It's 5.5%... drink it now.

How long outside today?

Going with ~30 mins.

You were right, all of the 2/4/6 hr samples tasted exactly the same.

Filled a virgin glass and put it out there for 10 minutes, decently skunked.

I could easily fool people into thinking it was store bought Corona.

I'm still using a $20 Whirley Popper stove top popcorn popper that I have to crank by hand with a digital thermometer. I'm a cheap ass and really want a Behmor, I just can't justify the cost when I get good results with my caveman setup. My coffee beers turn out stupid good... This reminds me I need to order more coffee. This Columbian stuff is full of chocolate, sweetness, and fruit. Would be excellent in a big ol RIS

Same setup as me, I was getting good results but probably too much heat with my small burner. I think I'll dig out my camp stove and give that a try, still have one more bag of green coffee.

While we're on the subject, what is it with people who don't drink beer every day?

I don't trust them.

I give out a few bottles of each batch here and there... then wait for feedback.

The last 2 I gave away was around a week ago. I haven't heard anything back from either of them. So, I hit them up, just being curious.

I don't trust people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning it is the best they are going to feel all day. Everything is down hill from there. It breeds pessimism.

I on the other hand know that I will feel better and better every hour until well into the afternoon. That my friends, is optimism.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1438889811.654329.jpg

Three Floyd's Alpha Naught IIIPA. Wow.

I don't trust people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning it is the best they are going to feel all day. Everything is down hill from there. It breeds pessimism.

I on the other hand know that I will feel better and better every hour until well into the afternoon. That my friends, is optimism.

View attachment 294730

Three Floyd's Alpha Naught IIIPA. Wow.

Capture.JPG

Heh.

I don't trust them.

Maybe they just don't like skunkie corona lite and are being polite.

Water

Says the guys purposely skunking his "beer"....

Cheers :D

You know you want some. If you leave now, you can make it here by 8:30.

Should be nice and skunky by then.

Maybe they just don't like skunkie corona lite and are being polite.

Water

I gave these guys the regular version of the cream ale. Wife likes the Corona.

Any chance I could buy some off of you when the time comes to rack that RIS out of the barrel? :D

I'm sure we can work something out! Will be placing an order in the next few weeks. Probably gonna go 5lbs deep on this: https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/brazil-dry-process-fazenda-cachoeira-alta
Then buy a variety of other things to try out as well.

Same setup as me, I was getting good results but probably too much heat with my small burner. I think I'll dig out my camp stove and give that a try, still have one more bag of green coffee.

I personally hate dark roasts which is why I started roasting in the first place. Maybe try deflecting some of the heat from the burner with aluminum foil. It should take about 10 minutes to get up to second crack and I usually cut the heat before then so I get more character from the bean than the roast (more caffeine too). I have always just roasted inside on the stove. I love the smell but can see how some may disagree with me.

I'm sure we can work something out! Will be placing an order in the next few weeks. Probably gonna go 5lbs deep on this: https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/brazil-dry-process-fazenda-cachoeira-alta
Then buy a variety of other things to try out as well.

I personally hate dark roasts which is why I started roasting in the first place. Maybe try deflecting some of the heat from the burner with aluminum foil. It should take about 10 minutes to get up to second crack and I usually cut the heat before then so I get more character from the bean than the roast (more caffeine too). I have always just roasted inside on the stove. I love the smell but can see how some may disagree with me.

What's the finished weight like after you roast? I haven't even considered it but at $6/lb, and having a friend with a roaster, I might give it a go. unless I only net 8 oz. of finished beans.

What's the finished weight like after you roast? I haven't even considered it but at $6/lb, and having a friend with a roaster, I might give it a go. unless I only net 8 oz. of finished beans.

You don't lose that much. If I start with a pound I usually end with about 12-14oz. The green coffee doesn't have that much moisture when you get it and that and the chaff are the only losses that you experience during the roast. Just remember to let the coffee off-gas for 24-72 hours before grinding and brewing to get the best flavors. Try to use it within 15 days before it starts to stale.

Back