What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this beer!!!!

Sierra Nevada - Narwhal

image-152710853.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Happy Turkey Day, turkeys!! Hope you all had a wonderful day/evening.

image-975137282.jpg

Back at home, kicked back in the recliner, enjoying this bad boy.

I brought home a six pack of that when I visited my parents in Chicago. They live about 10 minutes from the brewery. I really like the heavy handed. One of the two times we went there I had a cask version of it. Fantastic! I also have a Heavier Handed in the refrigerator waiting to be opened.

bottlebomber said:
How come I've never seen that, and I'm only 2 hours from SF? I'll be down there tomorrow, maybe it will turn up.

Select Bevmos in the Bay Area have it. I got some in a Gilroy a couple weeks ago.

Sam Adams Winter Sampler from Sam's Club (need bottles). Really liking the Holiday Porter and Old Fezziwig Ale but can't wait until White Christmas is gone, not for sure why but didn't like it all. There always seems to be one in their sampler that I don't like.

Homebrewed Black IPA. Not bad for my first attempt at an IPA. One thing I will do differently next time is use more than 1 oz dry hops.

image-2618888231.jpg

berrywise said:
I hate you. I wish they'd expand their distribution, Pride and Joy never finds its ways up to the liquor stores around here (Wisconsin/Minnesota border).

Don't hate me too much. You're closer to them than I am.(I'm in Texas) I just so happened to visit my parents in Chicago this September and I visited the brewery. I bought some pride & joy, Gumballhead and Topless Wytch their Baltic porter. I wish I would've bought a lot more now. I was very impressed with their beer and will be making the trip back to the brewery next time I visit Chicago.

A Zeus/Cascade IPA in one keg. Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone in the other. Right now, drinking a pint from a growler of Hop Venom double IPA from Boneyard Brewery in Bend. Picked it up at my local home brew shop.

bottlebomber said:
How come I've never seen that, and I'm only 2 hours from SF? I'll be down there tomorrow, maybe it will turn up.

Whole Foods has it. Just an FYI. Also, City Beer Store in SF should have it.

Had #1 last night, but the phone app crashed every time I tried to attach a picture and I wasn't near a computer. As with most of Harpoon's offerings... ehh *shrug*

I found #2 buried in the in-laws' fridge from one of my previous visits. Much better beer to enjoy tonight while waiting for the main events to chill down.

20121122_180724.jpg

20121123_182313.jpg

CatHead said:
Sam Adams Winter Sampler from Sam's Club (need bottles). Really liking the Holiday Porter and Old Fezziwig Ale but can't wait until White Christmas is gone, not for sure why but didn't like it all. There always seems to be one in their sampler that I don't like.

Wish old fezzi came in 6ers

Wish old fezzi came in 6ers

I wasn't wild about Old Fezziwig, but the Holiday Porter is pretty good. I had White Christmas for the first time last night, and yeah, it wasn't good. Sam Adams samplers always seem to be that way- a couple good beers and a couple misses. That's pretty much Sam Adams in general.

Torpedo is a great beer. I have some vodka and sugar free 'red bull'. I may have a RIS later. I drank a ton yesterday, and it will be an easy night for me.

Couldn't agree more about the White Christmas. I think it's the nutmeg that isn't right. It taste to me like Nutmeg tea. Harpoon's winter warmer I feel is the same. I just don't like nutmeg in my beer. Chocolate stout was awesome though.

Latest posts

Back