What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first glass of kegged homebrew. It's a Pako's clone. I dry hopped in the keg, so it's still super cloudy, but oh so good.
CameraZOOM-20150602201342770.jpg
Now having some Gnarlywine. Perfect June beer!
copyP1030130.jpg

Anybody belong to a homebrew club? I'm thinking about joining one but not exactly sure what you do at meetings. I heard everybody brews the same beer and then comparisons are made? If it's just sitting around drinking talking about beer I'm in.

Its pretty much just drinking everyone else's home brew at 4oz intervals until you're drunk. Lots of beer talk in between. Pretty fun actually.

100% Bret B saison, funky fruit, thin, I like it, waiting to see how it develops.View attachment 282145@Finsfan , brewed 10/17 with ECY05

Awesome, thanks! joe just sent me some ecy05 and his beer turn out great. Cant wait to try yours!

Is he transitioning? That explains why he (she?) can't drink right now. I'm not one to judge I say do what makes you happy.

Yeah man, you didnt know? ;)

Yes. I'm operating under the assumption that finsfan is Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433302483.380865.jpg

I just had 2 pints. Then a nice argument with wife... Totally killed my buzz and now it's bed time. The argument was me sitting in living room while she's watching her bachelorette, and myself not paying attention to a part of the show. Then argument ensued lol... Friiiiiick

Water: night all.

my wife whom I met in the Army is in the living room trying to teach my daughter who just joined the Ohio Air National Guard how to march, salute and do a proper push up. OMG I wish I could get a video it's hilarious.

It's easy to learn that stuff, just show her YouTube videos of the Marines doing it right.

Forgot about you coming through @Floored , ended up brewing Saturday mid-afternoon. Did you make it to Monks?

Coffee while I tried the movie mode with stereo sound on my new Powershot camera. Thanks to balrog for the link to the camera's PDF instruction guide! :mug: Gotta leave at 9:15 to go get my son from JVS on a short last day of school. Then it's brewery time!

Stupid I.T. stuff. Spend lots of your companies money and vendors get you drunk hoping you will spend more.
Colorado mule

The benefits of being in CO. We only have one local brewery (NOLA and the Northshore have most of the breweries), so most of our events wind up being at steakhouses. HP once failed gloriously with a "beers and ears" presentation on one of their storage systems by sending reps from both CA and TX, and then they wait until they get here and stop at a frigging pharmacy to pick up beer. The Heineken they brought is still in the fridge.

way better on tap! their Pile-O-Dirt Porter is really good too!
I'm looking forward to it. I'll try them all repeatedly.

Forgot about you coming through @Floored , ended up brewing Saturday mid-afternoon. Did you make it to Monks?

I made it but didn't know Monk's was not family tolerant. My wife and kids sat outside on a bench while I had a sample and got a growler. We really liked your fair city. We hit Miner Brewing in Hill City on Monday. All their beers were solid, the atmosphere was great, and the bartender was very friendly. I wish that place was in my back yard.

I'll stop this derail with coffee.

I'm looking forward to it. I'll try them all repeatedly.

I made it but didn't know Monk's was not family tolerant. My wife and kids sat outside on a bench while I had a sample and got a growler. We really liked your fair city. We hit Miner Brewing in Hill City on Monday. All their beers were solid, the atmosphere was great, and the bartender was very friendly. I wish that place was in my back yard.

I'll stop this derail with coffee.

Ohhhh... whoops. Sorry about that.

My buddy Dusty works at Miner. Not sure if you ran into him or not.

Anyway, this thread is all about derails.

I'm not even drinking anything.

Anybody belong to a homebrew club? I'm thinking about joining one but not exactly sure what you do at meetings. I heard everybody brews the same beer and then comparisons are made? If it's just sitting around drinking talking about beer I'm in.

I technically belong to 3 at the moment (two events I participate in require membership in the local club to attend). My main club, the meetings really depend on what's going on at the time. Sometimes, we talk about beer styles and taste homebrew and commercial examples. Sometimes, we talk about upcoming events and/or parties. We usually have a monthly club brew separate from the meeting where a brave soul volunteers to host and have some indeterminate number of members show up to their brew day and heckle and mock them if they do something worthy of being heckled and mocked. Oh, and raid their beer stash. If you're lucky, they'll bring beer too.

We have also had internal 'competitions' where some of the BJCP guys will do an informal little judging of beers and pick a 'winner'. And we're currently running some exBEERiments with various club member suggested parameters.

Oh, Coff

Ohhhh... whoops. Sorry about that.

My buddy Dusty works at Miner. Not sure if you ran into him or not.

Anyway, this thread is all about derails.

I'm not even drinking anything.

I made a call before we went. We knew what the deal was and it was my wife's idea to wait while I had beer. If I'm ever back through, Monk's is on the list.
Unfortunately I don't remember the guys name at Miner. I would definitely recommend them to anyone traveling in the area.
Thanks again for the tips.

More coffee.

The benefits of being in CO. We only have one local brewery (NOLA and the Northshore have most of the breweries), so most of our events wind up being at steakhouses. HP once failed gloriously with a "beers and ears" presentation on one of their storage systems by sending reps from both CA and TX, and then they wait until they get here and stop at a frigging pharmacy to pick up beer. The Heineken they brought is still in the fridge.

Yes. Denver has way too many breweries right now and the marketing people are taking advantage of that. I get invited to an IT event at a brewery at least every other month. They tend to stick with the more well known ones, but a couple places will go to some of the smaller start-ups (first time i ever went to this place was due to an event - http://desteegbrewing.com/).

Coffee at the office...

I technically belong to 3 at the moment (two events I participate in require membership in the local club to attend). My main club, the meetings really depend on what's going on at the time. Sometimes, we talk about beer styles and taste homebrew and commercial examples. Sometimes, we talk about upcoming events and/or parties. We usually have a monthly club brew separate from the meeting where a brave soul volunteers to host and have some indeterminate number of members show up to their brew day and heckle and mock them if they do something worthy of being heckled and mocked. Oh, and raid their beer stash. If you're lucky, they'll bring beer too.

We have also had internal 'competitions' where some of the BJCP guys will do an informal little judging of beers and pick a 'winner'. And we're currently running some exBEERiments with various club member suggested parameters.

Oh, Coff

Thanks for the most part that sounds fun to me.

Thanks all, I'm sure I'll be fine, introduced to the new owner, seems nice enough, said he's heard good things abut me.
Coffee.

Hopefully it works out if you like the new management!

Drinking coffee while yet more rain is coming through the area. Hopefully the golf tournament I'm in this weekend doesnt get rained out....

Yes. Denver has way too many breweries right now and the marketing people are taking advantage of that. I get invited to an IT event at a brewery at least every other month. They tend to stick with the more well known ones, but a couple places will go to some of the smaller start-ups (first time i ever went to this place was due to an event - http://desteegbrewing.com/).

Coffee at the office...

Did you try the brett dubbel? Sounds pretty interesting.

Did you try the brett dubbel? Sounds pretty interesting.

pretty sure it wasn't available when i was there. They are tiny - i think a 1 barrel system. take the virtual tour from their website- behind the bar is the brewery. That's it. They change out beer based on what the brewer / owner feels like making.

Latest posts

Back