What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrewed grapefruit wine. 14.7% It's interesting, I expected this to be horrid. It's got a vanillaish aroma. Very smooth and tart. Definitely citrus, but not really specifically grapefruit flavor. It's a bit dry, but I can't really say that's a flaw. The flavors are amazing well balanced.

I'm seriously liking this one. Haven't had a true English IPA in quite some time. NordeastBrewer77, how did you like this one? I noticed you posted that you had it last week.

20121102_222646.jpg

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest.

Damn this is good this year. Hops are citrusy, piney, and a little spicy. I don't want to say dank cause that's not the right word but there's this muted "green" sort of aroma but not in a bad way. Amusingly enough, I actually really appreciate the malt character in this beer. It's dry and really toasty so it's a great foundation to play with hops.

A sage ale based on the highland heather ale from BYO just subbed sage.. a bottle of the McCormick gourmet sage in place of the additions worked perfect!!
http://***********/stories/recipein...an-amber-a-pale-ale/2271-highland-heather-ale

You guys got my english ale envy, went to a local for an old speckled hen and now onto a draught pint of Bombardier, just delicious

Two of my faves. Kinda jealous that you're drinking a draft Bombardier, I need to get over to Brit's downtown for a few pints and some lawn bowling. :mug:

HPIM1311.jpg
Another beer that ya can't beat for the price.

Had a Goose Island Honkers Ale, then a Shiner Oktoberfest, and a couple bourbon and sodas to end the night.

Had a Lagunitas amber ale tonight and pondered over the 'censored' label. The beer was excellent though!

In the meantime, my decent hefeweizen.

img_1532_thumb.jpg

From some cute girl blog. Life is short. Don't sip.

Happy friday :tank:

My night cap is really big. It's also an amazing night cap.

Totally a "that's what she said"! :mug: And yes, that's a mighty fine beer there.

Had a Lagunitas amber ale tonight and pondered over the 'censored' label. The beer was excellent though!

In the meantime, my decent hefeweizen.

From some cute girl blog. Life is short. Don't sip.

Happy friday :tank:

Love the Kronik Ale, really good stuff. Also, it's very good for 'pondering'. :mug:

HPIM1313.jpg
As is this one. I don't get this in cans enough, my regular beer bar always has it on tap so most of what I've had's been there. I think it may be better in cans.... that or my recliner and a good smoke provides a better setting. Either way, yum!

Waiting for my white House Honey Porter to be ready for bottling. In the mean time, I'm consoling myself with Paulaner's Salvator and Smith's Taddy Porter.

I just bottled my White House Honey Porter this morning. I hope it's better than the White House Honey Ale. I'm not really enjoying the Honey Ale.

It's been a rough week and I'm pounding some Steel Reserve right now for the cheap numbing qualities it provides.

I'm enjoying a fresh bottle Thirsty Dog's Cerberus that my son just brought me. He & a buddy went there & to hoppin frog like yesterday. Got straight from the brewery. He said you have to get it directly from them. A Belgian trippel,it's really good. And 10% too...:tank:

It's San Diego beer week. I went to a Russsian River, Bear Republic tap takeover at Encinitas Ale House last night. Drank pints and tasters of:

Hill 2, Row 56 - beautiful simcoe hopped pale
Pliny the Elder - great on tap as always
Supplication - outstanding clean sour
Sanctification -all brett, funky and not very sour
Consecration - funk and sour. Very nice
Hop Rod Rye - nice spicy rye IPA
Ryevalry - mild Belgian yeast flavors with spicy and citrusy hops and rye.
Mach 10 - one that I didn't care for. English style imperial IPA. Overwhelming sweet hops and English hops.

It was a good night

As I mash my first brew in three weeks. Next up is a hit scotchy. I remembered I wanted to try it while I was out today so I picked up a bottle of scotch, this Pumple Drumkin and a Cottrell Perry's Revenge.

20121103_132213.jpg

Firestone XVI, Unfiltered DBA, and my Imperial IPA mead from a growler I filled when I racked to secondary, and found I had spider mites in my hops at home this year.

I forgot about the Fresh bottle of beer my son got earlier today & brought me one of. He & a bud from work went To Hoppin' frog & thirsty dog craft breweries over in Akron. He brought me a fresh bottle of Thirsty Dog's Cerberus ale. It's a Belgian trippel style ale. The malt was amber orange,& a tiny bit sweet against the crispness of the hops. Man damn was that good. Too bad ya gotta go to the brewery to get it.

A glass of ice water. But lastnight???

1 of my Brown Ale's (Home Brew)
3ish of my buddy's Helles Lager (Home Brew)
1 Sam Adams Noble Pils
1 Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA

So... My ice water is really good right now!

Back