What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Vanilla Pumpkin Porter. Tasty was to get through handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Happy Halloween!

image-4204450042.jpg

Is it a bad thing I'm drinking my 2 day old (in bottles) IIPA while brewing? Gosh its good!

ForumRunner_20121031_182216.png

The fresher the better right??

nukebrewer said:
Very impressive. I've never had an American Imperial Stout. Like an RIS, but so different in very subtle ways.

Hmm citrusy hops instead of English varieties?

Very impressive. I've never had an American Imperial Stout. Like an RIS, but so different in very subtle ways.

Hmm citrusy hops instead of English varieties?

Clean fermentation profile?

HPIM1287.jpg
Very nice, fruit-y strong ale. Lots of late hops character and a very smooth 8%. Can't go wrong with anything from LakeFront, IMO. :mug:

Figured I needed another before the long Halloween walk tonight and this is acceptable given the month.. up coming oak still the pumpkin porter that I will drink while I walk..
:mug:

ForumRunner_20121031_181714.jpg

Samuel Smiths Organic Chocolate Stout- they use cocoa extract and it dominates/overpowers an otherwise pretty good sweet stout with a strong vanilla presence. I like vanilla but this is too much.Comes off just a little cola like and over extract-flavored.

Clean fermentation profile?

View attachment 81826

Very nice, fruit-y strong ale. Lots of late hops character and a very smooth 8%. Can't go wrong with anything from LakeFront, IMO. :mug:

It actually seems like a pretty clean fermentation. There's not much getting in the way of the dominant malty, sweet, chocolate, coffee character.

I'm excited to try LakeFront.

EDIT: The Vampire Slayer is also very creamy, much less so than any RIS I've ever had.

Point(Whole hog) six hop IPA. Cluster, Sterling, Cascade, Willamette, Tettananger, Perle. Nose is big herbal and almost maybe B-vitamins. I dont know about this one this time around.

I'm excited to try LakeFront.

You'll like it. Their beer is nice and fresh like home brew and they like the flavoring hops a lot. Tasty beer.

Seems to be the thing to do, so I'm jumping on board with a Mummy Train from Flat Earth.

HPIM1295.jpg
This beer actually comes across like a pumpkin pie, I'm impressed. A little high on carbonation, but once it warms and flattens, it's really good. I hope mine turns out like this this year, I'm trying to capture that pie flavor. :mug:

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this beer. I like it (a lot), I know that much, but beyond that I got nothin'. I've never experienced the hop profile of this beer and I am blown away by it. It's not crazy bitter or anything. It's just... awesome!

20121031_212448.jpg

My esb,pretty good but thinking maybe my pale-mild, been contemplating which homebrew I want to enter into a localish AHA competition. I better start "researching"-them again and refrigerating soon its in mid November. Could be the Ginger,Honey, or Jalepeno ale though. Or brown ipa,black ipa... bla bla bla. Think I gotta lot of homebrew to be drinking,just gotta get off my ass dig them up and refrigerate them.

Sierra Nevada Tumbler while I hand out candy, listening to monster mash on loop SWMBO is going to be pissed!

image-270069608.jpg

Started tonight off with this:

Weyerbacher-Imperial-Pumpkin-Ale-1.jpg

and in honor of Halloween and tradition, going to cap the night with:

southern-tier-pumking.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this beer. I like it (a lot), I know that much, but beyond that I got nothin'. I've never experienced the hop profile of this beer and I am blown away by it. It's not crazy bitter or anything. It's just... awesome!

Wha......? I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for that one. Sounds good. Is it different in like, different flavor, or is it one of those not bitter but über hoppy (hop bursted) IPAs.

Enjoying a LakeFront IPA. It's good stuff, insanely drinkable and pretty fresh.

iambeer said:
awesomeness

I think it would just kill them if they brewed something that didn't exceed the recommended ABV for the style. Sounds delish, gonna have to keep an eye out for that.

Wha......? I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for that one. Sounds good. Is it different in like, different flavor, or is it one of those not bitter but über hoppy (hop bursted) IPAs.

Enjoying a LakeFront IPA. It's good stuff, insanely drinkable and pretty fresh.

The flavor, the aroma. It's vaguely reminiscent of a Belgian-style ale, but with a lot of fruitiness from American hops. I'm betting there's some Citra and Amarillo in there. Almost definitely hop bursted. I'm honestly not sure how to describe it. It could be an undeveloped palate or it may just be that good. I'll hook you up with it if you can't find it there.

I think it would just kill them if they brewed something that didn't exceed the recommended ABV for the style. Sounds delish, gonna have to keep an eye out for that.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure their Daytime IPA would beg to differ. That was a great beer. Wish I had some left. I suppose I could pick up more.:mug:

Qhrumphf said:
I dunno, I'm pretty sure their Daytime IPA would beg to differ. That was a great beer. Wish I had some left. I suppose I could pick up more.:mug:

I know I know, I've been eyeballing that one. Is it really that good? I've been reluctant to spend full price on a beer that's half gravity. And I know for a fact that they brewed that in response to accusations that they are a bunch of drunks ;)

Nothing yesterday or today. I needed a little break. I sure am enjoying living vicariously through this thread though.

I started out with Guiness Draught in a can, then I had a cascade pale ale, then a Boulevard wheat. Next up is a Black Sack porter, then off to bed. Oh, and candy, lots of candy......

Just finished a can of this fine Surly Furious...

another excellent beer from NordeastBrewer77

That's good $hit, huh? I love the piney-ness to it, it really is a MN IPA. :D

I have no photographic evidence of this, but I shared a bomber of Li'l Sumpin' Wild with a buddy earlier and now I'm having a Fuller's ESB to wash down some jerky. Pro'ly have a Furious next. :rockin:

I really disliked the Lil' Wild this year. It's weak for a Belgian IPA. Belgo by NB has been treating me real good if it's fresh. It's probably my favorite commercial beer lately.

I really disliked the Lil' Wild this year. It's weak for a Belgian IPA. Belgo by NB has been treating me real good if it's fresh. It's probably my favorite commercial beer lately.

Meh. Neither one is balls compared to Tramp Stamp. :mug:

No, really, I like both a lot. You're right though, LSW isn't as good as it used to be.

image-1183821687.jpg

North and Western from Pipeworks. A dry hopped Saison. Awesome! Full of hop flavors and finished super dry. Pipeworks from Chicago pumping out excellent brews one after another.

Back