What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poperings Hommel Ale

Pretty damn tasty!
What style category does this fall under?

image-1173137493.jpg

weirdboy said:
How about a stone 13th anniversary? Nice and smooth 3 years later...

I'm loving the finger in the shot, it's my fave. I wish I had the patience.

I'm enjoying my Dolemite Black IPA, bittered with Magnum, late additions of Centennial, a d a Glacier/Nugget dry hop. I must say, this turned out pretty tasty. I will brew this again.

Took the plunge and tasted my 3 month old Oud Bruin with Concord Grapes. Tastes pretty darn good considering it has at least a year to go. Color is awesome (picture below) Also tried my Westvleteren 12 Clone. Same wort as the sour but the sour was diluted about 40% and innoculated with the dregs of a few bottles of Kriek and Lambic in addition to the WLP530. Two months in the fermenter and three weeks in the bottle. 11% ABV. Has some carbonation but still needs a few weeks to use up all the sugar added for carbonation so too sweet. Alcohol flavor is melding nicely with the roasty malts and yeast flavors. Nice copper brown color. Looking forward to having this one mature in time for Thanksgiving dinner.

Sour 10:21.jpg

Evil Cousin, from a growler from my new local brewpub, he was all out of beer. When min wife sends me out for beer, she forgets growler fills.

I had this Morimoto Imperial Pilsner from Rogue the other day. It was crisp and refreshing, and I would have it again. I wouldn't, however, pay the $18 it cost me again, even if it came with a flip-top, ceramic bottle, that I will be using for my Christmas beer, brewing on Friday.

I'll need to reclaim some more bottles, as I don't have enough for five gallons worth of beer. Curse me, and my moderate consumption.

Got a beer from a friend who travels a lot. Thus thing just have me the most trouble opening a beer bottle.... My bottle opener, failed, the metal edge wad too rounded to open it... So I grab a lighter, my gosh, it took a while before I could open it, but it was worth it. Pliny the Elder. Its a good beer, but I expected more....
Glad I can check that of the list :)

ForumRunner_20121021_134121.jpg

ForumRunner_20121021_133648.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121021_133820.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121021_133820.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 127
weirdboy said:
You live near the brewery (Heretic)? I am confused...

No, a new brewpub was out of their beer, and had guest taps with Alaskan Amber, and Heretic Evil Cousin.

Peak Organic IPA. They makes some good beers. There black ipa is awesome. This one is really good. Nugget, simcoe and amarillo hops.

ForumRunner_20121021_183158.png

I'm going to drink a big bottle (2L) of some German beer, in order to have enough bottles for my Christmas brew.

Tank 7, home brewed Hefeweizen, and Choc Last Laugh. Oh, and I had a Marshall Old Pavilion Pils too....

Carved some pumpkins,had some toasted pumpkin seeds, now having a Butte Creek Organic Porter-not bad, like mine better.

Well after a rough day, found my chocolate milk stout had signs of a lacto infection, my 20 oz paintball tank leaked out first time I used it and it appears the regulator I purchased last year may be broken, I decided to crack open a barleywine I did over a year ago. This was my 4th all grain batch and I only made about 2 gallons, still learning my system, many of those initial bottles I cracked were flat. I re pitched some s05 yeast back in January and they still seemed flat, this bottle though seems just right. This was also one of my first recipes I made myself, just some 2 row, a touch of victory, and some 120 for color. A little northern brewer and cascades for hops, some 1056 for yeast. Anyway my point was that this beer reminded me how great this hobby is, even on a day like this that seemed frustrating.

Trying my hard lemonade after 2 months hiding in the closet. It was easy. 1/2 gallon of lemonade (natures promise), and think a half lb of brown sugar. Champagne yeast, bingo bango. No OG/FG but I think its around that 8/9 mark? Def good already,.but it won't last as there's not much left, lol. I need to more make a hard apple cider.

ForumRunner_20121021_210535.png

For whatever reason their oktoberfest was better this year than last year from what I could tell. I'll drink this only if it's the 'craft' beer selection.

Edit: ment to quote bench. This hard lemonade is hitting me hard, lol.

Back