What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just going to respond that if you cannot imagine a scenario in which you'd wake up a child, you clearly do not have a child who has started school yet.

True. My oldest turns three this month. Still trying to get the youngest to sleep. We tried so hard to get him to sleep through the night that I shudder thinking about waking him up. Haha.

Water at work. Yes @wesleys, still on lent.

Coffee. Had a vehicle burglary in the parking lot. Same guy got hit last month. Dude has a target on his spray primered 97 Cherokee.

Coffee. Had a vehicle burglary in the parking lot. Same guy got hit last month. Dude has a target on his spray primered 97 Cherokee.

Don't know what it is man... I've had my truck targeted about once a year in my neighborhood. Someone threw a cinder block through the passenger window last summer. There was ~$20 in the center console, a new lap top, and a $5000 trumpet. They took nothing. Have had someone drive nails into my bumper too :drunk: I don't know anyone, keep to myself... just work and go home. Guess they see an old truck and want to vandalize it. Can't wait to get out.

Saw that. Seems pretty ridiculous. There is usually more to the story than is printed, but this one appears to be a little over the top.

I believe it. Larry Bell doesn't have the best reputation for business cooperation. It's too bad their beers are so good.

True. My oldest turns three this month. Still trying to get the youngest to sleep. We tried so hard to get him to sleep through the night that I shudder thinking about waking him up. Haha.

Water at work. Yes @wesleys, still on lent.

What really worked for getting my daughter to sleep through most nights is not running to her every time she woke up crying. Kid has night terrors or something, not much unlike her father who suffers from sleep fighting disorder. She still wakes up sometimes crying, and if it goes for longer than 10 minutes I'll go to her, but most times shes back out on her own.

I believe it. Larry Bell doesn't have the best reputation for business cooperation. It's too bad their beers are so good.

I only met him once, and it was when he was still the "little guy". I have heard horrible anecdotal stories from people who have talked to him at beer festivals, etc.

I hate how common this is becoming. Unfortunate side-effect of the brewing renaissance in the US.

What makes this one so crazy is that I drink as much Bell's as I drink of anything, yet I've never noticed that "slogan" before. Is Bell really at risk of losing something of value when his regular customers do not even recognize the trademarked slogan he is fighting to protect?

Don't know what it is man... I've had my truck targeted about once a year in my neighborhood. Someone threw a cinder block through the passenger window last summer. There was ~$20 in the center console, a new lap top, and a $5000 French Horn. They took nothing. Have had someone drive nails into my bumper too :drunk: I don't know anyone, keep to myself... just work and go home. Guess they see an old truck and want to vandalize it. Can't wait to get out.

ftfy

water-

co worker fell and hit her head in the restroomthis morning, she had a seizure and is unresponsive. i dont really know her, she is knew and i work with over 500 people, i hope she's ok. The restroom entrance is about 30 feet from my cubicle, heard an EMT say "that dosent look like an inhaler" and another co worker called her mom to notify her and she said she was told she had a tumor on her spine yesterday... praying for her- gawkers are all around my cubicle this morning

Terrible. Here's to a speedy recovery. Poor lady.

Water.

Not to scare anyone with two year olds (and of course every child is different) but three was way worse than two. :eek:

Water waiting for inspections on the car. At least they have Internet.

And 4 is worse than 3, and 5 is worse than 4...

The person who coined the term "terrible twos" had never yet had a three year old.

Coffee. Handing out home brew at work. I'm unaccustomed to dispensing beer while not drinking it. Might never do this again, unless I bring it in a cooler and have everyone meet me out back at 5.

Wait, I'm going to do that.

Coffee. Handing out home brew at work. I'm unaccustomed to dispensing beer while not drinking it. Might never do this again, unless I bring it in a cooler and have everyone meet me out back at 5.

Wait, I'm going to do that.

"Safety meeting @ 5 o'clock."

Who'd you order from? I was looking at Belgium in a box the other day and they didn't have much cantillon, if any

Same with this site. Seems people found it and cleaning house anytime it is in stock. Last year they had a bunch now its rare that they have anything special than the gueze. I got a bunch of other goodies besides cantillon. I want some more but there are a bunch I wanted like Fantome.

Belgian beer

I really want more cantillon and 3f krieks. I traded one away and sent out another in the MAW. Me and duffman got lucky when we placed our BiaB order a couple years back. They had so much good stuff.

Finally got some of my grandfather's carboys from my dad. He was gracious enough to clean them up for me (before picture below). Apparently my grandfather wasn't big on sanitation (all red wine and grappa). Dropped 4 off today, still has 6 to clean. I'm keeping one of these for now and a buddy is getting the other 3.

Most of them look like old water bottles (Electrified Water, Great Bear, etc) and one has 1929 printed on the base. If that's the case, these were likely my great grandfathers as well.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426094386.470343.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426094398.086472.jpg

Not to scare anyone with two year olds (and of course every child is different) but three was way worse than two. :eek:

Water waiting for inspections on the car. At least they have Internet.

Truth.

Water while busting my ass delivering all these packages so it can be beer:30 at 4:15.

Well I got a box from Belgium coming in. 1 Euro is 1.06 dollars right now but paypal is a little above that but couldnt help my self... Now waiting on the goodies

Me too! The first one left Belgium last night. It's brother is shipping today.

BiaB?

Finally got some of my grandfather's carboys from my dad. He was gracious enough to clean them up for me (before picture below). Apparently my grandfather wasn't big on sanitation (all red wine and grappa). Dropped 4 off today, still has 6 to clean. I'm keeping one of these for now and a buddy is getting the other 3.

Most of them look like old water bottles (Electrified Water, Great Bear, etc) and one has 1929 printed on the base. If that's the case, these were likely my great grandfathers as well.

View attachment 262631
View attachment 262632

That is awesome!

...I'm actually the Safety Committee Chairman. Stop following me, creep.

And if you are following me, could you taste this IPA and tell me if it's as good as I think it is?

Tastes like chit, but only got a small sample.

You can send the rest to me here in SoDak for a more thorough analysis.

I really want more cantillon and 3f krieks. I traded one away and sent out another in the MAW. Me and duffman got lucky when we placed our BiaB order a couple years back. They had so much good stuff.

Now people know so they jump on it as soon as they gave anything. They have a bunch of 3f kriek there. A couple years of it.

Also i scored the kriek for $10 in CA

Had a tall Busch Light while I drilled the hole in my fridge for my CO2 line, wonder what the wife is going to think when she goes down to do the laundry and sees the tank outside the fridge.

Back