What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on one of my last chocolate stouts. Have a few brown ales left while I'm waiting for my pumpkin ale and SMaSH to carb

This is the first I've had of this beer. Very good

image-4068594595.jpg

Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout. Having my birthday present to myself a day late. :) I made a great choice picking out a present for myself!

Homebrew IPA. It's going to be judged in a competition in a couple weeks and I don't think it's going to go over very well. I like it a lot, but I have a feeling the judges are going to think it's too sweet. I like my IPAs just a touch sweeter than most, but I feel like I over did the crystal and now I've got a muted hop character, which will obviously count against me come judging time. Oh well, live and learn.

Goodluck nukebrewer!
Having a Smuttynose Pumpkin ale(on the hoppy/bitter side for a pumpkin) after makeing a PumpkinCoconut Curry soup which was a success(thats what I call it if a 10 and 12 year old like it) Not to mention Ive never made it before.Its surprising what a little bacon cheese will do,too.

adamjackson said:
Homebrew 10.5% All-Galaxy IPA. After that, probably a stout of some sort. Thinking about opening my 2010 Dark Lord.

Jealous!

Firestone union jack ipa during my brew night.

Drinking a pint of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale I have on draft. It's almost tapped then my seasonal imperial pumpkin gets to take its place.

Corne Du Diable. It's an IPA out of Montreal Canada. It's roasty with a little hop presence. At $9 a 10 oz snifter, I wouldn't order it regularly, but its good.

I am drinking my first all grain beer. a 8% double IPA. I can't believe the difference between this and the partial mash batches i have done!

ddicker60 said:
I am drinking my first all grain beer. a 8% double IPA. I can't believe the difference between this and the partial mash batches i have done!

Congratulations on you all grain. I'm looking to do a 3 gal BIAB next. Want to see how it is before I switch to all grain.

Right now it's just a bottle of New Belgium Red Hoptober.

But in a few minutes I'm going to drink that sample of Red Claw Irish Red that I pulled out of the fermenter to check the FG on. It's been in there 8 days, sitting at 1.011, and smellin good. Small glass in the fridge just to cool off a bit more.

It's my first batch. I'm nearly shaking with excitement!

Liverstoke Park Farm organic Real Ale.Pretty good english pale ale. Pricey but,maybe more worth getting on sale if possible while still before its bbd. Definatly one of the better oraganic ales. Fuggle hops are not exactly my thing much,though.They have their place though.I think some good NZ organic hops would have kicked this up a notch,not that this beer was trying or should try, just sayin.Its comparable but better than a shipyard fuggle ipa.Which may not say much to some,but I see some similaries with the englishy butter hop thing. Worth checking out if you can dig into your wallet a little deeper. I guess its not much compared to some bombers,really though.

Love my GNR IPA. Galena Neslon Raukau. Super clean and light carmel sweet beer and all about the Grapefruit Clean crisps dry finish.Winner winner chicken dinner..Really awesome. Has some age also. Does good in the mouth-tasteings type things.

Keeper! The breakfast must be at Founders? I'm on the mobile app so I can't see where you're from.

It was actually at the Winchester. 3 huge portioned courses, 3 beers, a t-shirt, and even a dessert. $40 bucks. We got to chit-chat with Dave Engbers for a bit, too! Great day, but needless to say, I had to take a nap later in the afternoon.

Ha!

Bogle Phantom Zinfandel/Syrah/Mouvedre blend from Trader Joes. One of the better $15 wines I've had in a while. Get it while it lasts.

My second batch of beer, a Double Dry Hopped IPA. Using Apollo, Bravo, and Cascade Hops. Holy S**t, this tastes better than most commercial IPA's. I am so stoked on this recipe, I need to make way more. I threw in a total of 6 oz. for dry hopping a 3 gallon batch.

Two Bothers Oh Brother! Belgian tripple. Good beer. One of a few of my least favorates from their retro series. For some reason this style has been on the backburner more often,then eve for myself.I t's usually the last of styles I buy/try from a brewery. Guess I like American beers to be more American.Cant seem to get into them like the imported Belgians.

Stone Enjoy By 11.09.12. It has a very interesting fresh taste to it. Not sure if I really like it but it is definitely different and I'm glad i got to try one.

Back