What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a flight at dry dock brewing company. So far, they've all been awesome!

ForumRunner_20120924_140446.jpg

My wit that'll be judged next weekend at the Commander Saaz Competition on Florida's East Coast. Thinking it may fare well.

My first IIPA, oh my gosh, so freaking good, and only a week in the bottle.

Having tough time attaching pics, app crashes.

ForumRunner_20120924_195525.jpg

ForumRunner_20120924_195549.jpg

ForumRunner_20120924_195615.jpg

Having my first tasting of the all grain NB Dead Ringer IPA and its pretty damn good! Came in at 6.7% alc. abv.

image-1560785590.jpg

Stone 16th Anniversary Double IPA. Double IPA with lemon verbena and lemon. Amarillo and calypso hops. Rye and other specialty grains. Beautiful xcopper color wonderful citrus and topical fruit nose. Bracing bitterness with grapefruit and lemon but just a bit too sweet. Otherwise outstanding. Too bad.

Had two of my Single Hop El Dorado Double Pale Ales, followed by a Deschutes Obsidian Stout.... and soon bed :tank:

Gramarye from Heretic, Punk IPA from Brewdog, Weihenstephaner Vitus, and now my IIPA wet cascade hop, backyard honey mjød.

Old Pavillion Pilsner and wishing I were in Deutschland. Sometimes I really miss living in Germany, especially around Oktoberfest.

A 6 month old Triple and about to open a 8 month old Dark Saison made with D2. After that we hit the House Porter and Pale with homegrown dry hopped Cascades.

BW

Green Flash HopHead Red. My kind of beer. I was really surprised to see this randomly in a small town grocery store.

My amber ale... Holy Moly is this a great beer.. It feels awesome to nail a recipe first time around...:rockin:

My ExtraStout.Overprimed with MapleSyrup but got them in the fridge in time to stop or at least dramaticaly slow carbonation.Drinking this just amazes me how one could not like dark beer. I honestly think this could turn a non dark beer drinker into one.Its just too bad I had to drink them sooner than normal as they are almost gone,because of the carbonation. Put it this way I used from a recipe in a book the equivelant of 1 1/2 Cup of Real Maple syrup for a 5 gal batch. I logged this into a beer calc and it gave me twice as much carb.Yikes. Yeah,I stuck them in the fridge soon after some foaming. Sure pick up a nice residual maple flavor though.And I can still get it into a glass with a good 4 finger head.

Returned to Two Brothers for our last night in Chicago. Drank their Biere de Garde, 2 Blonde Double Bocks, and Ebel's Weiss. And ordered the Meatloaf and Mash to go with the beer. I love this brewery and am sad to go back home.

image-2516591456.jpg

Stones 16th anniversary ale. I usually enjoy their beers but this has got to be one of the worst beers I have ever had.

Krovitz said:
Stones 16th anniversary ale. I usually enjoy their beers but this has got to be one of the worst beers I have ever had.

Don't say thy I just picked up a bomber and can't wait to try it

Pleasantly drinking Avery Dugana Ipa, its hitting the spot...
Haven't had a bad beer from Avery yet!
Igotsand

Dick's variety pack

IPA: tasty but not enough hops for me
Pale Ale: too much like a lager for me
Brown Ale: tasty, good overall but I'd like a smoother finish.

The very first bottle of my red ale. This is my first 5 gallon batch.

Any doubts I may have had about this as a lifelong hobby are gone forever.

Had a Founders Cerise. That was different, but in a good way. Glad I picked up one of Millstreams(Iowa) Oktoberfest in a six-mixer, I like this more than alot of Oktoberfests(untypically nice aroma-also) ,which is not really much of a favorate style for me.A little sweet but pretty tastey otherwise.Nothing near as good as I remember enoying New Glarius's staghorn.

Back