What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time having this, not bad, not my favorite

WP_20150206_002.jpg

The standard for gose, I guess. There's a little somethin' that I am not a fan of in some German beers...hop character, Pilsner malt? I don't know, but I detect a bit of whatever it is here. I have tried the Westbrook Gose and liked it better, but this isn't bad. The salt and tang is not overdone. I can see this being refreshing on a hot day. I've been thinking about doing a porcini mushroom gose...steeped some dried porcini and added a little of the "tea" to some gose, and it's pretty good! Just need to find the right balance.

IMG_20150206_232747473.jpg

The standard for gose, I guess. There's a little somethin' that I am not a fan of in some German beers...hop character, Pilsner malt? I don't know, but I detect a bit of whatever it is here. I have tried the Westbrook Gose and liked it better, but this isn't bad. The salt and tang is not overdone. I can see this being refreshing on a hot day. I've been thinking about doing a porcini mushroom gose...steeped some dried porcini and added a little of the "tea" to some gose, and it's pretty good! Just need to find the right balance.

Need.

Having this instead View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423284881.453817.jpg

good people of HBT! I have a very important announcement! listen and take heed now to these words! my butt just said, "Pbpbpbbbbtbtbtbtbtbtt!!!!" surely this is a sign of the end of days! cover you head and retire thine self under ye olde school desk! oh! it said it again! surely we are all doomed! I must go wipe the the dark stinky tears from mine own brown eye! commence with thine drinking whilst covering thine heads under ye olde school desks!

and I am having my Left Over Crack APA. did I mention it has the rye?

I'm seeing a lot of green dots and not enough posting. getting under the desk was a metaphor for the way society tastes cheese. it was not meant to be taken literally.

Oh my Glob...now THIS is the ****, right here. Sweet orange in the aroma, tangy orange up front in the flavor and then the salt hits the sides of your tongue in back...the the tangy comes back and finishes kind of dry. Not a beer to chug, but this is good...and he pork skins papir nicely :rockin:

IMG_20150207_240137398.jpg

good people of HBT! I have a very important announcement! listen and take heed now to these words! my butt just said, "Pbpbpbbbbtbtbtbtbtbtt!!!!" surely this is a sign of the end of days! cover you head and retire thine self under ye olde school desk! oh! it said it again! surely we are all doomed! I must go wipe the the dark stinky tears from mine own brown eye! commence with thine drinking whilst covering thine heads under ye olde school desks!

and I am having my Left Over Crack APA. did I mention it has the rye?

Wow. Never pegged you for such pomp and circumstance, or as they said in my day, lollapaloozA.

My nine yr olds do that on the daily with nary a single word nor phrase.

Perhaps your plethora of words are much ado about nothing...

http://static.flickr.com/81/270921719_a6c1a3ffcf_o.jpg

Wow. Never pegged you for such pomp and circumstance, or as they said in my day, lollapaloozA.

My nine yr olds do that on the daily with nary a single word nor phrase.

Perhaps your plethora of words are much ado about nothing...

http://static.flickr.com/81/270921719_a6c1a3ffcf_o.jpg

my butt sayeth otherwise, sir knight! smell of its' wrath! feel the sting of its' vengeance! and blerb bah blehrr blarb blerrr!

Back