What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pull my breakfast stout for a comparison, Crack wins but mine needs to warm:rolleyes:

IMG_5650.jpg

Oh boy. My fermenting Hefe has foam starting to make its way up the blow off tube. I don't know what to do!!!

Water. Dreading Monday.

Bottle bucket dregs of Robust and Brown Porters. Dr. Pepper now while I'm cleaning up. And then I have to work tomorrow. Boo. But I did get my hands on some ECY20 (or at least, it's marked for me and I'll have it soon enough) today. Yay. So I'll be adding more sours soon.

Well, since I fell asleep on the couch for an hour, I'm going to have a beer. From my last extract batch, about a year ago, Mocha Latte Stout with cocoa nibs and Kona coffee. Obviously way over carbed, but knock that down and the beer actually has a very good flavor.

1421646466243-1226503552.jpg

I'm still here. Getting stuff ready for the morning. The 3 year old has toe surgery on both feet.

Minor stuff, I guess as far as surgery goes.

I hope it's as painless as possible and a 100% success. Nothing is minor when it involves your child. I hope we see you here by afternoon, toasting a smooth surgery!

I hope it's as painless as possible and a 100% success. Nothing is minor when it involves your child. I hope we see you here by afternoon, toasting a smooth surgery!

Wait what? It's not serious, right?

@mattmmille we need to drink man!

No, not serious. Just a tight ligament in the second toe on each foot causing it to rest on top of the third.

1.5 hour out-patient surgery. Should be home by noon. DR says he will be able to walk out of the hospital, whether he will want to is another thing.

They are giving him some narcotic painkillers so he will probably sleep most of the day for the next couple. I'm off work until at least Wednesday depending on how he is doing.

Thanks for the well wishes, I am a little freaked out, but he is just like me. So I'm not too worried, but SWMBO is freaking the **** out.

I gotta keep it together for her. Before we were married, she had a pituitary tumor removed in a 9 hour surgery; so she thinks about that when ever she thinks of surgeries. She was laid up in a hospital in Omaha for a week and then at home for another four.

But enough Debbie downer talk; time for one more beer!

Bell's Two Hearted, no pic. I'm too floccing tired.

Having another HB...East Coast Ale yeast and locally grown Cascade hops in an American Amber. It turned out surprisingly well, considering some of the hops were vac sealed in jars and frozen (60 minute) and others were picked as they browned on the bines and then dried (15 minutes, I think).

IMG_20150119_011739324.jpg

Back