What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the flocc happened last night? All of you were obliterated drunk. :D

Coff while the kids tear the house up for the next 8 hours. Going to sneak 2 meetings in from the garage.

By sneak two meeting in from the garage, I assume you mean 10 beers and a brew day. ;)

Water. Im sick as a dog. Havent keep anything down since Saturday night.

Sucks man, feel better soon.

@WesleyS - just be careful, those macaroons are the real crack and you'll start eating them by the dozen before you know it!

You're not kidding. These things are definitely addicting. It takes all my will power to keep from eating all of them in one sitting. :D

What the flocc happened last night? All of you were obliterated drunk. :D

Coff while the kids tear the house up for the next 8 hours. Going to sneak 2 meetings in from the garage.

I can only speak for myself but yeah I was trashed. I'm feeling rough this morning like no amount of coffee will help rough

I felt like that yesterday. Felt rotten till afternoon & didn't brew. got everything outta the fridge & freezer earlier to get an ESB going. Waiting for Kotbusser ingredients to come in from Midwest.

I'm going to do an ipa soon 10 gallons with Galaxy and Citra and split 1/2 fermented with White Labs Brett Brux Trois the other half conan. That is if label peelers ever sends my citra hops

Wish I had seen this before I pre-ordered 2 pounds of Citra and Willamette from them. :(

Wish I had seen this before I pre-ordered 2 pounds of Citra and Willamette from them. :(

I'm really beyond annoyed with this situation i have 2 vials of brett brux trois and gigayeast vermont ale(conan) sitting for over a month now. I'll never preorder from them again this is 3 years in a row with preordered hop issues.

coffee-cup-mondaystext-1.jpg

Coffee.
And my truck is drinking cheap gas. Been a long time since the last time seeing this at the pump. View attachment 246799

Woah dude. Ours just hit $2.60 and we couldn't be happier. Well, we could... but under $3.00 is nice for a change.

Green tea. Stressing about everything I need to do that I can not do because I am at work, and how much beer I want to make. Starting to fear I won't have a finished product for the Superbowl.

I'm really beyond annoyed with this situation i have 2 vials of brett brux trois and gigayeast vermont ale(conan) sitting for over a month now. I'll never preorder from them again this is 3 years in a row with preordered hop issues.

Damn. Have you contacted them and found out what story they're giving people? If it was due in November then that is a serious F up.

Woah dude. Ours just hit $2.60 and we couldn't be happier. Well, we could... but under $3.00 is nice for a change.

Green tea. Stressing about everything I need to do that I can not do because I am at work, and how much beer I want to make. Starting to fear I won't have a finished product for the Superbowl.

I say I'm going to brew beer for the Super Bowl every year, then next thing I know it's January and I haven't done a thing. Oh well, the people I will likely be watching the game with wouldn't know good beer if it slapped them in the face.

SG sample of Yooper's Oatmeal Stout in secondary. Taking a break from taping and edge painting. Coffee all morning and more to follow.

Back to the stout sample...I'm going to go ahead and stick my neck out on this one and predict, based on the sample, that this is going to be very good, if I can nail the carb. I'm REALLY looking forward to the gingerbread version, but there's only 2 gallons and I don't want to waste any on SG samples!

IMG_20150105_111820205.jpg

It good for your wallets but not good for my job. Though its nice to fill my try for less than 50 than the normal 90

If it means all the oil & gas people I know might lose their job for me to pay significantly less for gas, I'm willing to take that trade off. :p :p

Damn. Have you contacted them and found out what story they're giving people? If it was due in November then that is a serious F up.

I did, and apparently they haven't received the Citra yet. Supposedly should be sometime this month. I received a partial shipment of my pre-order (1# of Centennial and 1# Mosaic) the day after Christmas.

Water.

I say I'm going to brew beer for the Super Bowl every year, then next thing I know it's January and I haven't done a thing. Oh well, the people I will likely be watching the game with wouldn't know good beer if it slapped them in the face.

Didn't think about that but that's a great idea. I have a bunch of friends that want to come to the house on a brew day when the NFL playoffs are on. No way in hell am I brewing on Super Bowl Sunday. But I am definitely down to brew on a playoff weekend.

I will have at least 2 kegs tapped for Super Bowl Sunday. Hoping for 4. And I have a lot of HB bottled for lots of options.

Hmmm...brewing ON Super bowl Sunday, rather than FOR Super Bowl Sunday. I could do that! I just have to run back inside for the commercials!

Back to the coffee.

Hmmm...brewing ON Super bowl Sunday, rather than FOR Super Bowl Sunday. I could do that! I just have to run back inside for the commercials!

Back to the coffee.

Real men don't **** around on Super Bowl Sunday by brewing and not watching football. :D

I did, and apparently they haven't received the Citra yet. Supposedly should be sometime this month. I received a partial shipment of my pre-order (1# of Centennial and 1# Mosaic) the day after Christmas.

Water.

I got the same message but this is from the same people who predicted 2nd week of november the truth is they have no idea

Water.

My LHBS always has Citra every time I have asked for 1-lb. bags. I think they were $17 or $18. I could fit those into a $5 flat-rate box if you guys are ever interested. I don't mind helping you out.

I thought the worst decision I made was dumping my HS girlfriend the day before I moved into my dorm in college. That turned out great. For me.

But, nope, it was kegging home brew. I hope I make it into 2016. And I don't get fat.

Water.

Coffee. People at work are back from their vacations so work should be a lot slower, especially since the frost should be done for a while

I think I'll brew a blonde ale or something for SB. Something light. No idea where I'll be to watch, but I hope it will be at my house. :D

Ever read bull****?

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-gandhi-bot-new-england-brewing-co-lawsuit-20150105-story.html

Connecticut Brewer Apologizes If 'Gandhi-Bot' Beer Offends; Suit Filed In India

New England Brewing Co. said it did not intend to offend anyone, let alone a large slice of India, with the name and label of its most sought-after beer, Gandhi-Bot.

The Woodbridge beer-maker has issued an apology following a lawsuit filed against it in Hyderabad, India, condemning the brewery's use of Mahatma Gandhi's name to sell the beer.

"This is nothing but insult to the Indians, nothing but insult to the Indian constitution," the lawyer behind the petition, Sunkari Janardhan Goud, said to NewsX, an Indian news site.

In addition to its name, the beer's label displays the robotified image of Gandhi, beloved leader of India's push for independence from Britain. Gandhi abstained from drinking alcohol.

Brewers at the company said the name came from the beer's style, an India Pale Ale. Names of its other beers include: Fuzzy Baby Ducks, Sea Hag, Imperial Stout Trooper, Elm City Lager, 668 The Neighbor of the Beast, and Wet Willie.

New England Brewing has not said whether it would withdraw or change the brand. On Friday it issued a statement addressing the suit's allegations.

"We apologize to any Indian people that find our Gandhi-Bot label offensive. Our intent is not to offend anyone but rather pay homage and celebrate a man who we respect greatly," the statement said. "We take great care in creating a product we hope will not be abused in the manner that Mahatma Gandhi spoke of when referencing alcohol. So many Indian people here in America love our tribute to him."

The brewery said that Gandhi's grandson and granddaughter have seen and admired the label.

Located in a blue and white building behind a Jaguar dealership in Woodbridge, New England Brewing has five employees, who produce about 8,000 barrels of beer in 2014, with plans to make as much as 14,000 barrels in 2015.

The brewery has doubled its production of Gandhi-Bot every year since it was released.

New England Brewing has felt friction over its beer label before. Its Imperial Stout Trooper label featured a Star Wars stormtrooper helmet, which resulted in a cease-and-desist letter from Lucas Films.

In response, the brewery disguised the stormtrooper helmet with Groucho Marx glasses — the comical empty frames with fluffy eyebrows, a nose and moustache.

That makes me angry. People worry about the wrong things these days.

+ Speaking of dumb****, anyone see that tweet from Jim Rome about marching bands? I dislike negative people.

6 oz. sample of my latest session IPA. It's at 8.8% ABV after one week of fermentation. Perfect. Just like Gandhi. The Bot, that is. :D

That makes me angry. People worry about the wrong things these days.

+ Speaking of dumb****, anyone see that tweet from Jim Rome about marching bands? I dislike negative people.

Jim Rome is captain ****** of the ****** squad. Can't stand that mofo.

Having a water after dropping off a Starbucks at work for my wife. I'm a good husband.

Jim Rome is captain ****** of the ****** squad. Can't stand that mofo.

Having a water after dropping off a Starbucks at work for my wife. I'm a good husband.

I got a hearty chuckle after the ARMY band crushed him for it and he frantically tried to apologize. Oh well...

Need a drink. This water just isn't doin' it for me.

Back