What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Rasputin RIS...WOW! First time I've ever had this one...WOW! Roasty, toasty, a little dark fruit, nice residual warming on the finish from the alcohol, nice mouthfeel...awesome stuff!

Massive distro, good beers though.

I hate sours... But have had my porch bombed with a box so big my wife couldn't get it in the door for buying them at upland... So I had to ask. The state to the left of me gets so much stuff we don't get in Indiana. I am having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

home brew sampler. from left to right: pecan porter, maple syrup ale, DIPA, chocolate covered BEAVR nuts, a "I have a bunch of ingredients to use up" ale.

sampler.png

I'm a big fan. I had this for the first time in Chicago at a really good burger bar.

First time for me too, nice n hoppy - just how I like it. I remember this is the brewery Brew Dogs collaborates with when they're in Durango.

Emma's Ale! A favorite at Sunday lunch. We followed a Northern Brewer recipe but bought the ingredients locally (because NB no longer sells the ingredient kit). Also said a prayer for Emma.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

What was it suppose to be?

Another stout, slept as nearly as much as I have in the last two days, need a few more

It's a ramped up version of my house porter. Mash temps were much higher than normal. I guess I need to plug the recipe back in and see where it should land before I get too worked up about it. Taste pretty good and I hope to have some oak and makers in its future. I have it warming up a bit right now but it was at 70 for the last week. Yeast is 1450. Brewed in a bag which is not my normal method and I didn't have a hydrometer with me brewing at a buddies house. It's kindof a mystery brew.

Brewed my first beer Nov 9th, now Dec 5th. Robust porter, added coconut and almond. Drinking now at 15.6%abv. Very happy with this.

Brewed my first beer Nov 9th, now Dec 5th. Robust porter, added coconut and almond. Drinking now at 15.6%abv. Very happy with this.

15.6%? Wow! I made a 11% all grain for my 45th brew and brew day was a mess. What was your SG-FG?

Original gravity was 1.075. Final was 1.020. Maybe my math is off but three bottles is all I can tolerate.

OK **** idk what is going on with this app but it keeps telling me that my post cannot be posted, I try again later, then I end up looking like an ******* lol. I'm gonna try to restart the app I guess.

OK **** idk what is going on with this app but it keeps telling me that my post cannot be posted, I try again later, then I end up looking like an ******* lol. I'm gonna try to restart the app I guess.

The app does that, quite the pain in the ass. View attachment 240158
Your calculations appear to be off a bit, that stuff happens, I was guessing you had a bad reading on your SG since it would of needed to be north of 1.160 to hit 15%.
Great looking beer, especially for your first batch. If I hadn't been the one who made my first 4 batches, I would have dumped them, haha

Ahh ok I see what I did wrong. I'm gonna use that calculator now- this table I have is difficult for me to understand.
Sidenote- apparently three beers at ~7% is all it takes for me to suck at math.

Latest posts

Back