What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoying this. Most Old Ales I try are cloying, but this isn't too sweet at all. This only my second HotD brew, but so far I'm enjoying them.

Nice! I went to school a few blocks from the brewery. True story: my gfs 21st bday we got a sanke of Fred. Got funked off of 2 glasses and took 2 weeks to finish by college kids

Holy BUCKETS!!! We are on ****s of scotch, bourbon, tequila, and a couple other randomS. Not good!!! Happy Turkey Day????

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Stuck at work, been here an hour already. Drinking coffee. May decide to stop by the bottle shop and inquire about the availability of BCBS, but is it really worth $5.50/bottle?

Besides, I have to clean house, prep the 18 lbs of butts and build a few fatties for tomorrows shindig, start the smoker and put on the pork butts, and pour a few 'samples' to test the carb on the kegs of beer I am serving tomorrow evening.

Its a shame I do not have a damn thing to do today.

Coffee at work as well here. I want to go back to bed.

At least I didn't drink yesterday...aside from the two stouts I had at around 1:30pm. Not feeling rough. I am only working until about 11:00am and then I am heading home...so the wife can go to work and I can be "supervisingchildren". I see some beers dying when I get home...maybe a cigar, too.

Coffee. Then Black Friday shopping ... for BCBS. Don't have my hopes up here in rural, southern Ohio but at least I'm going to try!

You could also call the distributors and see which stores will have it. :D

Lots of water. I took a bottle of crown to the neighbors last night and drank it straight. Fun then, not now. :drunk:

You could also call the distributors and see which stores will have it. :D

Lots of water. I took a bottle of crown to the neighbors last night and drank it straight. Fun then, not now. :drunk:

My days of drinking whiskey...beyond one drink on occasion...are long OVER. **** is evil and I learned that years ago.

My days of drinking whiskey...beyond one drink on occasion...are long OVER. **** is evil and I learned that years ago.

HAha I really cant do that with any other liquor straight, whiskey is my favorite. It had been awhile since I have had straight crown, I forgot how good it is.

Helps from you more experienced and experimental guys:

I want to make a Cyser. I want it to be something like Zombie Killer. I will be bottling this stuff. I have come across some recipes but I am lost about some of the process. I keep seeing that you need to pasteurize the stuff after it has been in the bottle for a few days. I understand the why: after backsweetening, the dreaded bottle bomb is a near certainty. I don't understand the how. Do you just soak the bottles in really hot water for some period of time? How do you know that it is fully pasteurized? Is this just flirting with disaster?

I want to make a Cyser. I want it to be something like Zombie Killer. I will be bottling this stuff. I have come across some recipes but I am lost about some of the process. I keep seeing that you need to pasteurize the stuff after it has been in the bottle for a few days. I understand the why: after backsweetening, the dreaded bottle bomb is a near certainty. I don't understand the how. Do you just soak the bottles in really hot water for some period of time? How do you know that it is fully pasteurized? Is this just flirting with disaster?

i've done this method. worked well.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/easy-stove-top-pasteurizing-pics-193295/

there is also a thread on here about just putting them in the oven at a certain temp & time, but i can't track i down right now.

at the office drinking bad coffee...

There is a really long thread about bottle pasteurizing that you might want to read through, but the basic idea is:

1) Make sure your (12 oz) bottles aren't overcarbed to begin with! Use a tester bottle. I've had some things carb in 24 hours!
2) Warm the bottles in some hot tap water while you heat big pot of water to 180F. Make sure your bottles will be covered by at least an inch.
3) Remove the pot from the heat and transfer the bottles into it...carefully. I would put a cover on the pot, just a little ajar and set a timer for ten minutes. This is the time where an overcarbed bottle is most likely to pop, thus the cover. If you have any bottles that are not well seal, you might see some bubbles coming up from them.
4) When the tie is up, carefully remove the bottles to a countertop...I usually put down a kitchen towel. Allow to completely come to room temperature, and then they will be fine to store. They will not "age" and improve anymore, but they should be stabile practically indefinitely.

If I've missed anything, I hope others will chime in! I've pasteurized several batches and I've had two bottles break and one that was not well-sealed. Otherwise, things went smoothly.

At least I didn't drink yesterday...aside from the two stouts I had at around 1:30pm. Not feeling rough. I am only working until about 11:00am and then I am heading home...so the wife can go to work and I can be "supervisingchildren". I see some beers dying when I get home...maybe a cigar, too.

I drank a bit too much yesterday, so at least I know it's self inflicted. As for pasteurizing, I think you could do it in a dishwasher too if you have a high heat setting.

More coffee. This day needs to end soon. Unfortunately, I need to drive 45+ minutes each way to get my kids after work, so I'm naturally not looking forward to it.

My bro & I used to love "Kentucky coffee" while fishing in cold weather. I made a couple sammiches with slabs of still moist turkey breast on deli rye with chunky blue cheese dressing.:rockin:

Have not tried to find much of it yet. My bottle shop had a list and where selling it one bottle at a time . Not impressed! Kinda pissed

That is brutal. Im kinda glad I dont have to wait for it or have a bottler limit here, but since they dont go fast that also means no variants.

#BlackFriday #BCBS #SpeakOfTheDevil

Nice! The bottle shop owner told me a local restaruant bought a 1/6bbl keg of it that should be on next week. It cost $250. :cross:

I've got some saved at the bottle shop for me but didn't go get it yet. Honestly didn't expect to see it up here in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I had some saved as well but couldnt wait past 10 to go pick it up haha.

Good work, cheers! :D

Phantasma Sour Blend from OEC here in CT. As described on the web site it's a sour German porter. Smells and tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry. :)

CameraZOOM-20141128131140104.jpg

Latest posts

Back