What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sippin and Tippin on a Crystal Rye Red beer I brewed a while back. I shouldn't have another, but I think I will!

image-3763542674.jpg

Tonight... A couple of beers... These are to kick off the night!

... To a night of brewing an Extract/Partial Mash!
... A Belgian Triple ;)

Went to an afternoon garden party and BBQ. Brought my most recent double IPA, a clone of stone 15th anniversary black IPA, and my first Belgian Golden String ale. About a dozen people tried all the beers and I each beer was the favorite of at least a couple people. Some didn't like the IPAs, too bitter. Other hated the Belgian, too fruity. Two people loved the black IPA, so roasty. It's just amazing the range of tastes and preferences. The great thing is I drank all of them, loved them all ;-)

Just tried the Rogue XS Imperial IPA. Love it, and rarely see saaz anywhere close to most strictly IPA guys.

Sierra Nevada northern hemisphere harvest ale. I'm really liking the citrus on this.

Moved on to my home brewed RIS, pretty good.:drunk:

Crown Valley IPA.. decent stuff.

Edit: Okay, I take it back. Don't bother with this stuff.. glad I didn't get a 6 pack :)

Have you had Crown's double IPA, Gunslinger? I'd recommend it if ya like their IPA.

I have not, I will check to see if I can find a bottle of it next time I do a build your own 6 pack. As for their IPA, my initial impressions were that I thought it was good but as I kept drinking it I gradually became more disappointed with it. I really enjoy Schlafly's AIPA though. I'm not sure if you've heard of it but I enjoy going downtown to a place called Square One. They've got a Cascade IPA that will blow your mind. Their Double Pilsner is amazing as well.

xMalachi said:
I have not, I will check to see if I can find a bottle of it next time I do a build your own 6 pack. As for their IPA, my initial impressions were that I thought it was good but as I kept drinking it I gradually became more disappointed with it. I really enjoy Schlafly's AIPA though. I'm not sure if you've heard of it but I enjoy going downtown to a place called Square One. They've got a Cascade IPA that will blow your mind. Their Double Pilsner is amazing as well.

Love Schlaflys AIPA and yes, Square One had some awesome beers.

Drinking a Guinness tonight as I BBQ.

Back