What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Eye. In a ****ed up cup.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414598831.992373.jpg

I would have drank myself into a coma too after that game last night;-) ready to celebrate tonight!! Drinking water with lunch

Almost did, but realized Ill save it for tonight. Ill be wasted either way. Only difference will be I will be smiling if they win haha. :drunk: I figure Ill be getting a good start with wine tasting around 1:30 then let the games begin!!

I'm buzzed. And after a water, I'm going to the gym right now. Haters. :D

Quick sampling.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414618450.569782.jpg

English IPA, Saison, Dubbel and Brett + Bacteria Golden Strong (already sitting at 10% ABV and more to go).

I might crack-open a beer. Knicks open tonight.

Is there something going on at either? I'm pretty booked today with lame meetings and a personal appointment. Plus, I spent too much on beer yesterday. :(

Coffee

Having some coffee while I figure out dinner and try to get the boy to start homework.

Both stores are opening for their first day of business and there's never been a Publix here before. Both are nice. Publix was, as expected, more crowded. Lots of samples. Both actually have good beer selections, but Publix looks like they sell singles. Harris Teeter is kind of ambiguous...appears that they let you mix a six, but not buy singles. Anyway, grocery stores are entertainment for me. SWMBO hates grocery shopping like I hate shopping for clothes.

So which one is for the southwest egg rolls. Just kidding man. Cool you have so many brews in the pipeline.

That made me laugh. Didn't quite realize that at first. I didn't test the Conan DIPA as it's just a few days into fermentation.

I am in a good mood. Beer, here I come.

@nukebrewer 's Kolsch.

Wish I had an unlimited supply of this just for beach days.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414620725.063933.jpg

Having some coffee while I figure out dinner and try to get the boy to start homework.

Both stores are opening for their first day of business and there's never been a Publix here before. Both are nice. Publix was, as expected, more crowded. Lots of samples. Both actually have good beer selections, but Publix looks like they sell singles. Harris Teeter is kind of ambiguous...appears that they let you mix a six, but not buy singles. Anyway, grocery stores are entertainment for me. SWMBO hates grocery shopping like I hate shopping for clothes.

That sounds good. Life has changed drastically for me in the last week so having **** to do is nice. Even grocery shopping.
</pathetic>

Drinking a Draft Line Hemmings Pils. I'm not a pils fan but this is good.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414621795.010071.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414621806.285280.jpg
My buddy's ipa wet hopped with columbus and centennial. Very nice ipa makes me wish I had some fresh hops to brew with

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

View attachment 232530
My buddy's ipa wet hopped with columbus and centennial. Very nice ipa makes me wish I had some fresh hops to brew with

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Of the 3-4 wet-hopped IPAs I've had, none were really great. I really think it's cool as hell to brew a beer with fresh hops. However, I prefer a more pungent aroma when drinking ipas as well as very hop-forward flavor. Maybe I'm being too @Dar here.

I'd love to brew one some day. Although, is I'll have to add a **** load of hops to get the beer to where I like it.

Brb going off the back deck. Keeps the bears away.

Nightcap. My barrel-aged red rye ale.

Sells for $30 for a 12-oz. bottle. $35 if you want the corked version (somehow makes it taste better).

It's really a $1 beer.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414623843.645652.jpg

Realized October is almost over. Gotta kill off the remaining 1/2 of the sixtel of Great Lakes Oktoberfest I have on tap. I'm on pour number two.

For you @Remmy

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the 3-4 wet-hopped IPAs I've had, none were really great. I really think it's cool as hell to brew a beer with fresh hops. However, I prefer a more pungent aroma when drinking ipas as well as very hop-forward flavor. Maybe I'm being too @Dar here.

I'd love to brew one some day. Although, is I'll have to add a **** load of hops to get the beer to where I like it.

Brb going off the back deck. Keeps the bears away.

He used a pound of wet hops in 5 gallon batch and the flavor is great. He didnt have enough home grown hops to dry hop it which would have made it even better.

Nightcap #2. Couldn't help myself.

Hop bomb belgian ipa. I'm brewing this again and maybe forever.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414625600.301784.jpg

Went over to my buddy's house to help him bottle his first brew, but it turned out he didn't do a FG check, so we took one and I recommended holding off for a couple days so he can check it again and make sure it's really done. The trip wasn't completely fruitless, though, since I brought a beer to share. Great brew courtesy of @Johnnyhitch1 sent me even after 3 months in the bottle. Now home having the Elysian while I watch the pre-game show. Good brew that @Johnnyhitch1 also sent me.

CameraZOOM-20141029182004027.jpg

_DSC3590.jpg

Went over to my buddy's house to help him bottle his first brew, but it turned out he didn't do a FG check, so we took one and I recommended holding off for a couple days so he can check it again and make sure it's really done. The trip wasn't completely fruitless, though, since I brought a beer to share. Great brew courtesy of @Johnnyhitch1 sent me even after 3 months in the bottle. Now home having the Elysian while I watch the pre-game show. Good brew that @Johnnyhitch1 also sent me.

You, me, @Hello, @mcbaumannerb need to get a brew day going. @JustSaying

Back