What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer, tastes like stout with effervescence,
Lame response.

IMG_4726.jpg

I think you guys are being too hard on this poor guy.

Imagine if you will... A universe of space and time... Where beer is not created or understood, but only reviewed...

Grabbed 3 of these today. Wow. More on the citrus and dank side. Just like I love 'em. A LOT better than the last Enjoy By I had.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412652962.977670.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Having a celebratory glass of my ESB. Just won ~$400 playing fantasy football on Fan Duel. Not that much in the grand scheme of things, I know, but a few wins after only two weeks of playing is awesome.

CameraZOOM-20141006235902714.jpg

More Coff.

Dry-hopping my brett pale ale as we speak.

Anyone ever see fermentation kick back up after dry-hopping at a stable gravity? This is the first time I've had this happen. 100% brett beer which is now in secondary and it's going nuts right now after adding a few ounces of hops.

Technically, it shouldn't be "fermenting." The better way to describe it is activity really kicked-up.

Even when I transferred this beer into a secondary a few weeks ago, I noticed a considerable amount of bubbles after the transfer (no air was getting in during the siphon). I have never had a beer that I have seen do this several times.

More Coff.

Dry-hopping my brett pale ale as we speak.

Anyone ever see fermentation kick back up after dry-hopping at a stable gravity? This is the first time I've had this happen. 100% brett beer which is now in secondary and it's going nuts right now after adding a few ounces of hops.

Are you using cilantro hops to dry-hop with? Cuz it's a little known fact that cilantro hops will cause yeast to start up again if you leave them in too long your F.G will end up at 1.000. That's why Mexican beers like corona taste like water. I think either Dar482 or Charlie Papazian talked about it once

I saw that on draft Sunday morning when we were eating breakfast in Denver. I wanted to try it real bad but couldn't bring myself to it after all the festivities earlier in the week. I'm old and still recovering lol. Drinking water now.

How is it?

Its about average. Im sure the beers you had in Colorado were better haha.

Water & Coffee. Ready for beer.

Oh and if I make cider and back sweeten, can I keg it without stabilizing it or will it be an over carbonated mess or worse, explode? Me and cider have not had a great relationship. In fact, it is all over my kitchen ceiling. :eek:

Water & Coffee. Ready for beer.

Oh and if I make cider and back sweeten, can I keg it without stabilizing it or will it be an over carbonated mess or worse, explode? Me and cider have not had a great relationship. In fact, it is all over my kitchen ceiling. :eek:

Better to stabilize and force carb. Keeping it cold will slow it down, but not guarantee it to stop. the yeast will just eat whatever sugars you add eventually.

Better to stabilize and force carb. Keeping it cold will slow it down, but not guarantee it to stop. the yeast will just eat whatever sugars you add eventually.

Unless you plan to drink it faster than the fermentation can build pressure.

Iced tea.

No kegging experience whatsoever here, but a question: How small a batch of something can you keg? Is there a minimum?

I had a pumpkin spice latte and I feel like I need a nap!

No pictures but I'm already drinking my homebrew Hal. Crap of a day.

No kegging experience whatsoever here, but a question: How small a batch of something can you keg? Is there a minimum?

I had a pumpkin spice latte and I feel like I need a nap!

I don't believe there is but you'll use more co2 kegging a gallon then a full five gallons, I have a couple of mini keg I use for small batch or bottling half.

HB IPA, no picture.;)

Back