What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3rd bottle of Port City Oktoberfest.

20140925_215240[1].jpg

Some Altenmünster Festbier while waiting in line for Maelstrom...
View attachment 225943

I thought Maelstrom was closed! Converting to a "Frozen" themed area by early 2016. Love the Norwegian buffet...

Picked up my first Troegs in Cary! Hop Knife, Nice color and aroma. No head, really. A little bitter for me, but crisp, with a nice finish. I don't think anything from Troegs isn't well done, but this one isn't my favorite. But that bitterness takes a back seat after drinking about half of the beer. Huh...that's interesting. I almost did the left nostril stiff. Need to get some Java Head down here!

Attachments

• DSC05802.jpg
    DSC05802.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 66
9 different sine hop IPA's using the same base recipe as a part of a club brew. All are new or experimental hops.
Some very interesting outcomes

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This has been hanging in my fridge for a while. It's quite tasty! A nice surprise!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411700860.556056.jpg

Of the course the Giants are actually scoring now... Save some for the wild card game!!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411700986.031749.jpg

My Major Nelson IPA...the first couple of weeks after it was brewed and for about a month after, it was great, Then the head started gushing. It's practically all head...but when that dies down, it leaves a nice light head and a great beer. And I've just discovered that it's really good with a raspberry cigar from a local bagel and bakery place here run by a family from Brooklyn. Wow, this is good!

DSC05804.jpg

My Major Nelson IPA...the first couple of weeks after it was brewed and for about a month after, it was great, Then the head started gushing. It's practically all head...but when that dies down, it leaves a nice light head and a great beer. And I've just discovered that it's really good with a raspberry cigar from a local bagel and bakery place here run by a family from Brooklyn. Wow, this is good!

That looks a heck of a lot better then most cigars I see here:D

Water. About to have a staff meeting. I really hate these as the staff all point fingers yet don't accept any responsibility for anything they screw up.

Ah, a blamestorming meeting. The least productive of all the types of meetings.

Coffee. Drank a couple draft La Folie's last night and for the second time this week did not get anywhere near enough sleep. Lets hope this is a quick, eventless day so that I can go home and take a nap.

I thought Maelstrom was closed! Converting to a "Frozen" themed area by early 2016. Love the Norwegian buffet...

Picked up my first Troegs in Cary! Hop Knife, Nice color and aroma. No head, really. A little bitter for me, but crisp, with a nice finish. I don't think anything from Troegs isn't well done, but this one isn't my favorite. But that bitterness takes a back seat after drinking about half of the beer. Huh...that's interesting. I almost did the left nostril stiff. Need to get some Java Head down here!

It closes on Tuesday which is why we're getting our last rides in.

Finished with coffee while enjoying extra magic hours at animal kingdom. Feels like it's going to get hot today.

Coffee. Drank a couple draft La Folie's last night and for the second time this week did not get anywhere near enough sleep. Lets hope this is a quick, eventless day so that I can go home and take a nap.

Yup. Instead of everyone getting on the same page and deciding what we can do to have things run smooth (we're required to have these meetings for that purpose), it's more like pointing fingers. Staff issues get addressed one on one, but if you don't show up to the meeting you get blamed for random crap. Not cool.

Coffee. Hope this day flies by.

these are my favorite meetings. I can be an a-hole all I want and it's justified. that and I can make fun of people.

on the coffee.

Latest posts

Back