What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411171207.416895.jpgchub time.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Green flash green bullet. Dude said this was the freshest of the ipas on hand, so it had to come home.

I seem to recall thinking that one was pretty damned yummy-- translation being. I seem to recall killing a four pack in a hotel parking lot and having a really rough day at work after.

Still chub. Time to fire up the grill for a late steak.

Bourbon, lots of bourbon. Waiting on a flight to Charleston.

Nice. Parents live there. Cool town.

Let this warm before we opened it - wow! Coffee is really good and balanced with the stout.
View attachment 224890

That beer is amazing on tap. I brought back a full growler from Charleston which I got to enjoy by myself and fully enjoyed it. It tasted just like a chocolate doughnut! Parents brought a 22 up in June for my b-day and wasn't as impressed with it compared to the growlers from Westbrook (just outside Charleston).

Bomb!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411175767.637400.jpg

~disclaimer for the NSA analyst reading this post: bomb! Is a beer brewed by prairie artisan ales. I am in no way involved with explosives~

HB cascade pale ale. no photo.

OFF TOPIC - i'm teaching a guy to homebrew on Sunday, this is the recipe he wants to do - http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/phil-keeners-belgian-dubbel/
seems easy enough, but i put into my software and i'm getting IBU in the 50s, which is really off the charts for Belgian Dubbel (style says 15-25). Is my software off or just a really hoppy dubbel? would you brew to style for a newbie or go with the recipe?

Gose, prepped for a brew tomorrow, killed the keg of IPA and two others are getting light so I brought up a batch of milk chocolate stout to keg and thew the short keg of RIS in:rockin:

IMG_4519.jpg

OFF TOPIC - i'm teaching a guy to homebrew on Sunday, this is the recipe he wants to do - http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/phil-keeners-belgian-dubbel/
seems easy enough, but i put into my software and i'm getting IBU in the 50s, which is really off the charts for Belgian Dubbel (style says 15-25). Is my software off or just a really hoppy dubbel? would you brew to style for a newbie or go with the recipe?

Are you teaching him to brew or to conform?:D

If he has a recipe he is excited about I would brew it. Letting someone compare experience to expectations is a great teacher. And really... Brew to style only matters for competitions. The commercial guys certainly don't care about it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411176523.641105.jpg

Now the biscotti. I'll give a slight edge to donut, but both are really good.
View attachment 224909

Did you get biscotti break natale to get the trifecta?
I think my rankings were the doughnut break growlers was a amazing, the biscotti break natale was good, and the biscotti break and doughnut break 22s were tied for adequate.
Still nursing the green bullet.

This time I blended the bomb! and vanilla bean ice cream. It's like a 14% ABV chocolate/coffee milkshake with a touch of heat. AMAZING!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411176831.346646.jpg

First time I've tried Gumballhead.
Not a bad hoppy wheat

I love gumbalhead. If I had any ambition I would be putting my draft system back together and enjoying my Amarillo wheat. Instead I am grilling at 9:30 because wife's demands are the only thing hrs will get me off the couch right now.

Are you teaching him to brew or to conform?:D

good point

If he has a recipe he is excited about I would brew it. Letting someone compare experience to expectations is a great teacher. And really... Brew to style only matters for competitions. The commercial guys certainly don't care about it.
and another good point

style be damned!- hoppy belgian dubbel it is.

Screw being sick, there's beer that needs to be drank! Opened a bottle of my RIPA. Only 9 days in the bottle. Could use another week and of course more than a few hours of refrigerator time to avoid a pour like this. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411180647.088160.jpg

Back