What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pole Vault Pale Ale. I think this was my first all grain. Bottled 4/8/14, 5.64% ABV. Still really good! The hops may have faded a little in the aroma and flavor, but not too much. Head retention and carb are good. Just about out of this one...sad, but good timing.

DSC05739.jpg

Coffee. Spent an hour and a half in the car already to find myself the first guy in the parking lot. Should have slept longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Last Coff of the morning.

I just decided it's going to be a brew day.

Coffee. Work is gonna suck due to getting our usual 3 year audit, but looking forward to getting home later and making more apfelwein and racking the mead. :)

Coffee. Work is gonna suck due to getting our usual 3 year audit, but looking forward to getting home later and making more apfelwein and racking the mead. :)

So, is the general consensus that when I bottle my apfelwein that I should start another batch that same day?

Any unique things people do to change it up? Different sugars, spices, juices other than apple?

I am still yet to taste my first apfelwein but I think my batch is ready to bottle. It is crystal clear in the carboy.

So, is the general consensus that when I bottle my apfelwein that I should start another batch that same day?

Any unique things people do to change it up? Different sugars, spices, juices other than apple?

I am still yet to taste my first apfelwein but I think my batch is ready to bottle. It is crystal clear in the carboy.

Yes, I usually make another batch the same day if not within a couple days as long as I keep the airlock on.
I do a big cinnamon stick, 2lbs light brown sugar and 2lbs of corn sugar in each batch. Final Gravity should be less than 1.00 but sometimes it doesn't drop all the way down. I'll keg at 1.02 if it won't drop further. I did a batch with Nottingham and it was sweeter. Sometimes I'll backsweeten in the keg with a few cans of apple juice concentrate.

Drinking Mello Yello.

But looky what I found :mug:

The Total Wine out in Sterling had some. Had. Doesn't now. Grabbed all the Bluebird and Old Man, and a couple Bluebird XB but actually left a couple of those behind (it's not as good as the other two).

1410963606121.jpg

Planning to brew two beers this weekend two lagers, also another hard lemonade and possibly a mead too. Need to make a 3 gal batch of Chocolate/ Habanero. That stuff was so good!

COFFEE!

anyway on break- cause im a model employee and i dont HBT while on the clock!

speaking of recipies, i wanna get a batch of cider going, thinking about doing a simple musselmans cider with US-05 maybe or nottinghams, the good fresh pressed cider isnt out yet here and i wanna get one going before hand so i can just pitch on the yeast cake and get 3 or so brews outta a packet o yeast- well does anyone have a good cider recipie, i already have apfelwein so i dont want something like that, every cider i have tried to make has been complete garbage except for the apfelwien... maybe i should go for a dedicated cider yeast since i will be attempting to do 3 batches outta it, hmm

thanks- back to work yo

Good thing I was off work today. I pitched this at 930 last night I guess my stout really enjoyed the 2 extra pounds of brown sugar I added for the hell of it :)

1410965818815.jpg

Lemonade before I get into some ****.

Just mashed-in.

Not much Brett funk in the nose. Very tropical fruit-forward.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410969666.814086.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410969677.772710.jpg

Brewing a Golden Strong right now. Pitching onto a Brett B cake with some Brett C dregs and some Abbey sacc.

Anyone had this? Just picked it up and excited for it but never seen anyone here drink it.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410975417.929620.jpg

Drinking some pale ale with lunch. Turkey sandwich on homemade bread, with my buddies homemade smoked salsa. Best salsa i have ever had hands down.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410975516.924156.jpg

Anyone had this? Just picked it up and excited for it but never seen anyone here drink it.
View attachment 224466

Drinking some pale ale with lunch. Turkey sandwich on homemade bread, with my buddies homemade smoked salsa. Best salsa i have ever had hands down.
View attachment 224467

I've seen that one but havent picked it up yet. Too much beer. Too little time. Trying to pick up breweries that I've been here for a while and I havent picked up yet. Also trying.. I said trying to stay away from 750/22oz because of the price but damn are they tastey

I've seen that one but havent picked it up yet. Too much beer. Too little time. Trying to pick up breweries that I've been here for a while and I havent picked up yet. Also trying.. I said trying to stay away from 750/22oz because of the price but damn are they tastey

I hear you. Ive been picking up a lot more six packs than i normally do lately, but had to get at least one special bottle.

Hope I'm alive to take a gravity reading once this boil is done. ****. My head feels like it's spinning.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410979100.751951.jpg

Back