What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having this while boiling one and about to mash in another. Heated the water too high

1407706098739.jpg

Finally kicked its predecessor this afternoon and got my second attempt at an American Wheat using Mosaic hops on tap. First attempt was almost on target: the bitterness was spot on, the aroma was good, the orange was in the background where it belongs...but the Mosaic character needed a doubling of the final kettle addition to shine.

This one's a keeper in the rotation...

Cheers! :mug:

mosaic_wheat_number_2.jpg

After drinking mine all day time for a comparison, Westbrooks is definitely more tart, mine is a bit more salty, both are very tasty, I wish I still had the German version I had the other night, I would say mine is in the middle.
Will definitely be revisiting this style, good stuff!

IMG_4197.jpg

After drinking mine all day time for a comparison, Westbrooks is definitely more tart, mine is a bit more salty, both are very tasty, I wish I still had the German version I had the other night, I would say mine is in the middle.
Will definitely be revisiting this style, good stuff!

Got one going on now. Im sour mashing. Im going to check next couple days until im happy with the tartness

Been a long, long while since I've checked in. Still getting my feet underneath me with my new position and traveling a ton. At least I can enjoy this at home tonight.

20140810_183036.jpg

Lost my internet access at the campground over the weekend. Lots if fish died and new beers were tried. As I didn't hit the lottery, it's back to the salt mines tomorrow...ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407714391.529996.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407714406.478392.jpg

just bottled up my all Brett I brewed last November. O.G.- 1.056 F.G.- 1.001 I added some lychee to it a few months back. having another of my Irish Brown.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407717010.104955.jpg
Last bomber of my black ipa based on SSR very hoppy very tasty. The head is so thick you can float bottle caps on it and it refuses to go away. I need to brew again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back