What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I saw Adam Sandler at the lake. :cool:

Really? Never heard that one before, ha ha.

Having my cream ale. Nightcap. :D
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406330057.973953.jpg

Ok, to show I'm a good sport, I give you the "gay tiger". Yesterday was certainly one of the funniest camping days of my life. Nobody could talk to me without cracking up. One of the other guys has a shaved bald head and he got a boob painted on his dome. Great time. View attachment 213349

Okay, you just made my day bearable!

Even better!

Onto DuClaw Brimstone ryewine - great take on a Barleywine. Oh, and ABTs are now RIP!
View attachment 213478

Dunno that i would want a growler of that, at least not young. I drank one of the two I have, grabbed the other out to age at least 9 months.

An iffy hb stout, followed by a Weekend Warrior Pale. Trying not to smack the teenager down.... Too much.

Went to Russian River Brew Co last week and they didn't have any bottles Blind Pig. So I am having to drink this swill.....Still good but the Pig is so much better.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406333907.329185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Had a pint of a local milkshake stout (meh- won't buy it again) and now my black ipa.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406335040.465675.jpg

Starting Friday night off with a straight up Tepache from my third batch. SWMBO just got home...late. Asked me what I did all day. I HATE that. And however long the list I rattle off, it's never enough. I can hardly wait for the stuff I just put in the fridge to chill.

Oh...and my one and only (and first attempt to grow) cascade hops bine. Really took off! I was expecting a strong scent, though. Nothing like the pellets...barely a scent at all.

DSC05116.jpg

IMAG3332.jpg

Went to Russian River Brew Co last week and they didn't have any bottles Blind Pig. So I am having to drink this swill.....Still good but the Pig is so much better.

View attachment 213495

Totally agree. Blind pig is the best Hoppy beer they make. Have a single I will have so .

Lancaster Milk Stout at the moment.

Starting Friday night off with a straight up Tepache from my third batch. SWMBO just got home...late. Asked me what I did all day. I HATE that. And however long the list I rattle off, it's never enough. I can hardly wait for the stuff I just put in the fridge to chill.

Sounds like my life. SWMBO is a nurse and has to stay late regularly. 12 hr shifts are 12 & 1/2+ usually, then I get the "whay did you do"? Kids are still alive and fed, yeah?

Onto another little Sumpin extra.

So..
I was in an odd part of town today and saw this:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406335980.641549.jpg

Naturally, I decided to be adventurous and go inside. Let me tell you, the best part of that store was the name.
I was the only one there, so I kind of felt obligated to buy something and that's how I ended up with a 6-er of this:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406336114.184681.jpg

It is terrible. I have I friend who recommended this at one point, so I may give the other 5 to him. Never taking another recommendation though.

Another beer from Russian River. Although not brewed by them, it is sold at their brewery. It's called "Sonoma Pride". They make 2 beers, this is their Amasa. It's a "extra dry blonde domesticated wild ale". As stated on the label. Hahaha. Domesticated wild??? Kind of contradicted right?? Oh well. It's pretty good. A highly carbed blonde with a slight hint of Belgian yeast esters. Wild?? Probably not. But it's a decent beer on a 100 degree day.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406337442.842857.jpg

Water, until I pick my wife up from work in 40 min, then it is on. Heading out to the growler bar right now to see what interests me tonight, and I have two bombers of my DIPA in the beer fridge chilln'!

So..
I was in an odd part of town today and saw this:

View attachment 213504

Naturally, I decided to be adventurous and go inside. Let me tell you, the best part of that store was the name.
I was the only one there, so I kind of felt obligated to buy something and that's how I ended up with a 6-er of this:

View attachment 213506

It is terrible. I have I friend who recommended this at one point, so I may give the other 5 to him. Never taking another recommendation though.

Did you at least stop in at Trailhead and get a decent beer? I Used to work for city of St Charles, still have friends who work at the county there. They told me about that place...and to avoid it.

I'm working my way thru these east coast IPAs.
I like the flavor on this one, but not sure where the CO2 went...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406338005.464978.jpg

Back