What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB pineapple Hefe
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402626281.340813.jpg

I agree with Ridire. Keep em happy in your neck of Michigan :D
Having a Griffin Claw Platinum Blonde. About to take it outside to relax on the deck.

I was thinking of picking up some of that Blonde. I really liked the El Rojo and have basically turned the Raggedy Ass IPA into a staple.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Finally have time to relax today. Doing it in style with some old school rap while having a gose with an awesome cigar. Its so nice out! The grass is already dewy. :mug:

"If you dont like whats going on, you better get used to it."

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402628229.462439.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402628324.139404.jpg

Couple of HB's from the first batch evah, Bee Cave Pale Ale with Citra and Cascade. Amazing how much more carbed it got in the last week it's now 3 1/2 weeks bottled, very nice drinkeable APA. It had awesome clarity but I did cold crash for 3 days may not be a bad idea for future brews. Have some ideas on how to improve it for the next go around. Cheers

How did that turn out?

The all grain version I did for my sister's party was great. They killed the keg in 45 minutes and people were asking her where they could buy it.

What I have now is a wheat-extract version I pitched on the yeast cake of that batch. It's decent, but not nearly as good.

The all grain version I did for my sister's party was great. They killed the keg in 45 minutes and people were asking her where they could buy it.

What I have now is a wheat-extract version I pitched on the yeast cake of that batch. It's decent, but not nearly as good.

Once you go all grain you can really taste the quality difference compared to extract. Its almost not worth the convenience of brewing them. Thats awesome that the other one was very well received

Once you go all grain you can really taste the quality difference compared to extract. Its almost not worth the convenience of brewing them. Thats awesome that the other one was very well received

I prefer to do AG, but brew time was against me that day and 2 empty kegs in a 3 keg system said 'try a wheat extract'. I've made good beer with extract, but this was first time I've tried wheat extract.

/end ramble

Another one
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402631372.133268.jpg

I was thinking of picking up some of that Blonde. I really liked the El Rojo and have basically turned the Raggedy Ass IPA into a staple.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Platinum Blonde is a really solid Blonde. Not a particularly mind blowing style but man does it taste great in the sun.

Im drinking a Port Brewing Anniversary Ale. Great double IPA, very strong, and hoppy. Got it at my local costco, perks of living in San Diego.

I hate this World Cup crap. Can't go anywhere or listen to the radio without hearing about it. What I find funny are the people who don't care about soccer the rest of the time, then all the sudden become these "super fan soccer know it alls" every four years and they become incapable of talking about anything else. I want to go all Billy-Klubb on them. :p

Here you go man. Thought if you when I saw this.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402635209.037371.jpg
The Oatmeal
For a non-sports person, this is sorta what it's like to be on the internet today.

Great, great brew. Anderson Valleys Gose falls short after having this one. Gonna brew my own on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I think it is still great but just different.

So, trying the Hop Hog IPA from Lancaster Brewing. Hops strong in the nose, taste is quickly very bitter. Alcohol seemed to come through, so I was looking for the ABV on the label and... say what? It looks like it's been marked through. Sure enough, I gave it a little spit shine and voila! 8%. But who marked it out and why? Is it not really 8%? Is it legal for the brewery to just mark it out? Weird. There's another bottle in the fridge...same thing. A couple of other styles by the same company (I had bought a mixed pack)...checked them and they have no ABV listed at all. Okay...whatever. I'll choke my way through these. Should have skipped these and spent ALL my budget at Troeg!

DSC05009.jpg

DSC05010.jpg

So, trying the Hop Hog IPA from Lancaster Brewing. Hops strong in the nose, taste is quickly very bitter. Alcohol seemed to come through, so I was looking for the ABV on the label and... say what? It looks like it's been marked through. Sure enough, I gave it a little spit shine and voila! 8%. But who marked it out and why? Is it not really 8%? Is it legal for the brewery to just mark it out? Weird. There's another bottle in the fridge...same thing. A couple of other styles by the same company (I had bought a mixed pack)...checked them and they have no ABV listed at all. Okay...whatever. I'll choke my way through these. Should have skipped these and spent ALL my budget at Troeg!

Maybe they were misprint labels and had to be marked out for truth in advertising. Odd.
I would hate to have be the guy who has to mark all the abv markings out though. Talk about a monotanous crap job.

more coff-

made the starters for my parti-gyle brew next saturday- I am gonna use nottingham for both, made 2 half liter starters outta one yeast pack- im gonna step the one up for the barely wine up to a 2 liter on sunday then to another 2 liter on wednesday and that should give me 285 bil yeast cells- calls for 275 bill - for the brown ill just step the next one up to a 1 liter and then another 1 liter- i am def over shooting for my yeast cells but i do not know how this partigyle works- im kinda shooting from the hip- but good thing is i think i am finially getting this yeast count thing and stepping up- ok im done....

Wow great vacation!

Coffee. I was up half the night with a toothache. WTH? First time for that :(

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Its going to be craft beer central here in Texas soon. Just read that Epic is coming down (of course Houston and San Antonio last :( ) as well as Jolly Pumpkin. Wonder why Houston never gets any love with breweries. Austin I understand but Dallas?

Come through.

This Sea Hag is way better than the breakfast I had. It looks clear nowadays and I don't know why, but it tastes perfect today.

Latest posts

Back