What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee while I flip sourdough pancakes and cook raspberry syrup.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pretty sure 4 ciders in under 2 hours was a poor idea. Either I'm very tired or hungover…or both.

Coffee.

Gravity testing and sampling...

Raspberry wine
Apple Cider
Black Currant Cider
Skeeter Pee

more coff-

my brew time has become limited- in order to make the best out of the days i do brew i am doing double batches... double to me is 8 gallons- i do 4 gallons batches- i usually split the batches with different yeast.

i wanna try a partigyle- brown ale / amber ale

has anyone done a partigyle? is it safe to assume 60% of the mash for the first runnings then 40% for the second and third to get the second beer? or do i have this completly wrong?

Had my coffee.

Why is it that the day after an evening where I drink more than 2 pints of Guinness my digestive track just decides that it does not like me? No other beer does it to me, but I still find myself drinking em when there is little that is craft-y available. Drinking a fair bit of water to see if I can appease it. Excuse me for a bit while I clear the hallway.

Had my coffee.

Why is it that the day after an evening where I drink more than 2 pints of Guinness my digestive track just decides that it does not like me? No other beer does it to me, but I still find myself drinking em when there is little that is craft-y available. Drinking a fair bit of water to see if I can appease it. Excuse me for a bit while I clear the hallway.

How is the coffee situation at work these days? Weren't you seated some place where you cannot get to coffee easily? Or did my memory fail me?

I'm drinking a horrible drink called SnapPunch. Snapple's dirty bastard child of the "all natural" drink. They say natural flavors but then pretty much full the jug with HFC. I just wanted the liter bottles for my hard root beer. :D

This is great. Bday tomorrow and having a few things before I get another year older.

All the bcbs flavors you'd expect but smoothed out. Wow. View attachment 205185

Happy Birthday Mike!

Iron Hill Brewery
Overload Stout
Oompa Loompa Stout
Hop Smoothie
Lex Luthor triple IPA

3F Oude Kriek
View attachment 205202
Allagash Tiarna
View attachment 205203
JK Nocturn Chrysalis
View attachment 205204
View attachment 205205

Fun night :D

Celebrating something or just felt like getting it on like Donkey Kong?

Finished coffee and on to water. The way everyone is already pestering me on the next to last day before vacation could lead to beer(s?) at lunch!

How is the coffee situation at work these days? Weren't you seated some place where you cannot get to coffee easily? Or did my memory fail me?

I'm drinking a horrible drink called SnapPunch. Snapple's dirty bastard child of the "all natural" drink. They say natural flavors but then pretty much full the jug with HFC. I just wanted the liter bottles for my hard root beer. :D

Coffee situation is getting better. I figgured things out. You remembered good.

SnapPunch sounds like something BillyK would hand out when he rebrands his patented berry punches.

When I woke up this morning I just knew today was going to be a strange day. It has not been disappointing. I do not think anything is working right for anyone near me today. Just keep coasting along. things will improve. or not.

Smile HBT. There is always thoughts of beer to get you through the day. And picktures of remmy drinking breakfast beers to make you jealous.

Happy Birthday Mike!

Celebrating something or just felt like getting it on like Donkey Kong?

Finished coffee and on to water. The way everyone is already pestering me on the next to last day before vacation could lead to beer(s?) at lunch!

Celebrating it being two days before my brothers wedding. More to follow :D

Happy birthday mike!

Hangover cure:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402588075.986484.jpg

more coff-

my brew time has become limited- in order to make the best out of the days i do brew i am doing double batches... double to me is 8 gallons- i do 4 gallons batches- i usually split the batches with different yeast.

i wanna try a partigyle- brown ale / amber ale

has anyone done a partigyle? is it safe to assume 60% of the mash for the first runnings then 40% for the second and third to get the second beer? or do i have this completly wrong?

When I partigyle I get about 50% efficiency out of the first runnings and about 25% out of the second. If you don't want the 2nd beer to be super thin, I suggest adding some fresh grains for the mash of the 2nd batch.

Out of roasted coffee so I drank some Earl Grey this morning. I really need to be better about my coffee production so this doesn't happen anymore.

Water. I hope the peeps in here aren't soccer fans. World Cup can't end soon enough. Is it really a sport if you can't use your hands?

Keepers use their hands :p
Water and coffee. Spent all day driving back yesterday and am sluggish today. And kids are cranky.

My water is shut off right now as I'm getting some pipes redone. I actually had to have a beer over lunch, how rough. This is a lot maltier than i remember from before i started brewing.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402598059.058623.jpg

Water. I hope the peeps in here aren't soccer fans. World Cup can't end soon enough. Is it really a sport if you can't use your hands?

Definitely not a fan but it appears they will keep shoving it down the throats of the 97% of Americans who could care less about it. I would rather watch bowling and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than watch bowling.

Definitely not a fan but it appears they will keep shoving it down the throats of the 97% of Americans who could care less about it. I would rather watch bowling and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than watch bowling.

While I feel exactly the same, I place soccer, bowling and eye gouging all ahead of Nascar.

While I feel exactly the same, I place soccer, bowling and eye gouging all ahead of Nascar.

Although I would rather watch grass grow than any of those, Id place Nascar in front of soccer, and eye gouging in front of bowling. In Nascar, they are at least going 200 MPH and crash every other lap.

I hate this World Cup crap. Can't go anywhere or listen to the radio without hearing about it. What I find funny are the people who don't care about soccer the rest of the time, then all the sudden become these "super fan soccer know it alls" every four years and they become incapable of talking about anything else. I want to go all Billy-Klubb on them. :p

I needed to get a sample of my infected blackberry wheat to test gravity. 1.000! Tastes good. A mild sour. Now I've put him in a closet for the next 6 months. :)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402601500.771741.jpg

I remember when the World Cup was played in the US. I was listening to a sports talk show and they had a call in competition. The winner received one ticket to a World Cup game...the loser received two tickets. I thought that was brilliant.

Wtf. Why so many haters? The world cup is an amazing event. Sorry you can't appreciate it.. and seriously no need to bash it. Have a beer and turn on one of the 500 channels that aren't broadcasting it.

Oh come on all you soccer haters! Soccer is way more exciting to watch than baseball... *ducks all the rocks just thrown at her*

Back