What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, not Python related, my ministarter to harvest Bell's yeast - do I decant at each step up or just keep adding wort? Is there Krausen at this small of a scale?

2nd pour with my little buddy, Frank.

0531142158.jpg

2nd pour with my little buddy, Frank.

Cute kid.

OK, not Python related, my ministarter to harvest Bell's yeast - do I decant at each step up or just keep adding wort? Is there Krausen at this small of a scale?

For the first step or two, I'd just add add'l wort. I don't usually see a krausen initially, but if you swirl it regularly you might end up seeing it foam up.

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum.

I hate night shifts. Especially when I have to go back to days less than 48 hours after the final night.

Coff. Should have never drank the two margaritas I had last night.

Cute kid.

For the first step or two, I'd just add add'l wort. I don't usually see a krausen initially, but if you swirl it regularly you might end up seeing it foam up.

Should I be using the stir plate with the first steps ?

Sorry for all the questions.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

I always do with great success. but then again, I always use my 500mL flask instead of the bottle it's in.

I'm starting in a Mason jar and then moving it to the flask for the final step. My reasoning is that I'm not 100% sure when I'm going to brew it so I want the Mason jar that I can cap and store for a few weeks in the fridge, if need be.

Is that on nitro again? That's one of my favorite homer beers, except it's not on nitro. :(

Just kicking a growler of blue moon attempt.
Yeah it was still on nitro. Had two and went to another bar.
How do know so much about swallows?

How in the hell did I not jump on this little gem?!

Coffee. About to go lay down more to rest. I feel decent but not enough sleep because dogface wanted to hang out outside.

I'm starting in a Mason jar and then moving it to the flask for the final step. My reasoning is that I'm not 100% sure when I'm going to brew it so I want the Mason jar that I can cap and store for a few weeks in the fridge, if need be.

that is something I've done myself. then I just "wake it up" a few hours before I crush my grains to give a running start before pitch time, which can be a total of 6+ hours around our house.

Coffee. Oh man I missed Monty Python night.

Me too :(. We will start our own.

"What is your favorite colour? Blue..no... ahhhhh"

"I soiled my Armour I was so scared!"

" your arm's off"
"No it isnt"
"Liar!"
"Come on you pansy! "

Me too.

[/url]

Me three.

My favorite has got to be when King Arthur is arguing with the peasants outside the castle.

"You can't wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. I mean, if I went 'round sayin' I was an emperor just because moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar, they'd put me away!"

Coffee. Waiting in on my brew helper to get here for brew day. Approx. 1 hour till brew kicks off then I'll be starting in on beer from the kegerator.

Me three.

My favorite has got to be when King Arthur is arguing with the peasants outside the castle.

"You can't wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. I mean, if I went 'round sayin' I was an emperor just because moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar, they'd put me away!"

Coffee. Waiting in on my brew helper to get here for brew day. Approx. 1 hour till brew kicks off then I'll be starting in on beer from the kegerator.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Damn. I'm normally not much for white tea, but this Jasmine Silver Needle is some damned good tea. Just used the last so I guess I need to get more. I just don't remember where my wife got it. Might have been Teavana.

Back