What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401409407.535345.jpg

Mickey's.... Please don't take away my craft beer card.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Good to hear, I'm opening a 2013 in a couple of weeks for fathers day/birthdayView attachment 202542
I figure it's a good time to dispatch this one, since I got it for my birthday last year

I was worried because I read some reviews that said it wasn't drinking that great but I thought it tasted awesome. The pepper was pretty muted at this point in my opinion. I'd really love to try it fresh. I compare it to Abraxas essentially, I love Abraxas fresh and it's still amazing with age but not quite the same. I'd like to get that same experience with Huna. I forgot to mention my pal dropped this beauty off for me. I should be getting another in a week or so. :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401414171.142114.jpg

Sent from the Bat Cave

I was worried because I read some reviews that said it wasn't drinking that great but I thought it tasted awesome. The pepper was pretty muted at this point in my opinion. I'd really love to try it fresh. I compare it to Abraxas essentially, I love Abraxas fresh and it's still amazing with age but not quite the same. I'd like to get that same experience with Huna. I forgot to mention my pal dropped this beauty off for me. I should be getting another in a week or so. :D

View attachment 202555

Sent from the Bat Cave

I drank one that I bought a couple of hours after I got home from Huna Day this year, it was overwhelmingly cinnamon. I thought MZ was a much better beer, but I know that cinnamon fades a bit, so I was hoping it would round out. I didn't get any peppers, but I might of been a bit hammered at the time :D

had 2 of my Strong Scotch Ale. about to have another since I don't work tomorrow. neighbor kid found a baby black bird & brought it home. we have it now. the neighbor kids have a bad habit of finding baby animals & playing with them to death.

Smashbomb Atomic Clone from Flying Monkeys in Barrie, Ontario. First pour from the tap today and its delicious. Its going to be a regular around my place methinks.

Milk, malted milk powder, Nestle Quik chocolate powder and a pinch of Folger's instant coffee...malted mocha milk!

Having a bomber of a pale ale I brewed 8-9 months ago.

/ramble
Found a bottle hiding in behind my brew equipment.

No pic as I'm sitting in the dark on the back patio, listening to the coyotes yip and yap, probably trying to catch some rabbits. There are a ton of rabbits this year.
/end ramble

Having a bomber of a pale ale I brewed 8-9 months ago.

/ramble
Found a bottle hiding in behind my brew equipment.

No pic as I'm sitting in the dark on the back patio, listening to the coyotes yip and yap, probably trying to catch some rabbits. There are a ton of rabbits this year.
/end ramble

Thats the life! How did the hops hold up?

I don't know what you're smoking, but there's always room for a better cigar and great bourbon!:rockin:

Smoking a Perdomo Habano Connecticut. If I wasn't such a cheap ass I would have done a pitch and switch but there's always tomorrow and there will certainly be some better smoke and strong drinks!

Okay, I was going to skip the beer tonight...but I decided to go for one hb pale ale tonight. Not a huge Jimmy Fallon fan, but he and Billy Joel just did a cool rendition of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Now Chelsea Clinton is on...time to change the channel.

DSC04848.jpg

I had some taste of stuff. Turns out I don't care much for pilsners.

I never had a porter, and since I have enjoyed everything I've ever had from Founders, I figured I'll buy their's to see what it's like.

What?! My goodness man! I'm surprised.

View attachment 202475

First hb up: White House honey porter

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Looks amazing.

Back