What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh squeezed - looking out at mirror pond and grilling a 2.5 pound steak that looks like a roast

Whoops, here's the photo. Got too excited. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401071039.900117.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401071063.672268.jpg

Chefr, DC, Allen, Wes, Fins, Swarles in charge, are on the 10 list. and coldcrash as well as remmy. and wyobrewer. as well as tyzippers, BUCKNUTS, Banes, Rid, tripplehazzard, wobrien, fuzzymuttonpumping, Cliff, and a bunch of others I can't name at the moment. y'all are in the top 10 list.

Chefr, DC, Allen, Wes, Fins, Swarles in charge, are on the 10 list. and coldcrash as well as remmy. and wyobrewer. as well as tyzippers, BUCKNUTS, Banes, Rid, tripplehazzard, wobrien, fuzzymuttonpumping, Cliff, and a bunch of others I can't name at the moment. y'all are in the top 10 list.

I see the logic there. I'll be waiting for my punch in the twigs and berries.

That is what we're talking about, no?

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

I'm honored to be the 15th member of the top 10 club! Don't forget about your last Meh Pils , it's gotta be the 100k post

I'm honored and humbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

View attachment 201731
CCB Stiftung Berliner. Pretty damn good, and does a great job removing the coating of imperial stout from my palate

Dang... Another Berliner to add to my list of wants. General distro, or limited?

Been down that rabbit hole before. The landing isn't soft.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Yeah, SIL stopped by, her boyfriend brought a bottle set of glenmoragie. I then brought out my selection as an impromtu tasting. It then went to bourbon.

... Now on to a glass that holds a bomber of Double Jack. Ask how I know. ;)

Attachments

• 1401073027969.jpg
    1401073027969.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 66
It It is a right of passage on this thread. We all been through it. I'm honored to be mention that I spend most of my time on this thread lol

Seems that I'm only mentioned when it comes to berry punching. I'm honoured. I think? :-D

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

At least I'm 4th in line. I'll know when the berry punch is coming and will be prepared. ;)

Hey! What am i? Chopped liver? You hurt my soul.
I'm eating aspirin so water.

1401085802890.jpg
Sorry for the ****ty photo, just finishing some mead. L. to R.: HB muscat pyment, HB sweet mead (BOMM with raspberry honey), HB dry mead (BOMM with blackberry honey), a 750 of HB cherry cider, a 750 of DFH Hellhound, Lagunitas Capachino Stout, & Prarie Noir.

Hosted a gathering despite the liquid sunshine so I had help drinking these but I think I managed to sample everything. Cooked everything and filled my belly with pulled pork, pork chili verde, chili rellinos (filled with chorizo, wild rice, onion, & cojeta cheese), grilled artichokes, grilled corn on the cob, grilled spring onions, manjo/jicama salad, mashed turnips, accompanied by a cheese plate and chips/guacamole.

My glass is empty and I'm heading back to the kitchen to pick out another bottle despite being buzzed enough to cause difficulty in typing this.

Is the white one the Trippel? I can never remember ;) I like the Trippel the best.

I'm drinking a glass of my Porter I call Porterhouse 2. Can't be much of it left...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Home Brew mobile app

soul hurting is inadvertently what I do. you're invited.

on the floccin' coffee. didn't sleep worth a sparge last night.

Haha I'm gonna find some berries so you can punch them.

Little sleep but wanted to get the pork shoulder on. Just over 4 lbs should be done by dinner. Hope I do this up good.

Coffee. Too much pain to get trashed last night which was bittersweet since I didn't want feel like **** today.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401102598.829492.jpg

Feck you billy

Iced coffee

Haha I'm gonna find some berries so you can punch them.

Little sleep but wanted to get the pork shoulder on. Just over 4 lbs should be done by dinner. Hope I do this up good.

Coffee. Too much pain to get trashed last night which was bittersweet since I didn't want feel like **** today.

View attachment 201817

Hehe have 24 lbs that must went on. Ribs and ABTs to come later. Of to Wallyworld to get more charcoal and coffee.

Water for now.

Still relying on coffee to keep me upright.

Going through my notes from Saturday's brew. All went fairly smoothly but I was off a little on my OG. I have not yet calculated my efficiency but I was assuming 70% in setting my target, so I was somewhere south of that. Anyway, the thing that stands out in my mind is that I was so concerned with holding mash temp, and measuring ph, that I gave my mash a half ass stirring with the mash paddle (second ever brew with a cooler tun). I assume my efficiency goes up if I really get at it and break up the dough balls, right?

Still relying on coffee to keep me upright.

Going through my notes from Saturday's brew. All went fairly smoothly but I was off a little on my OG. I have not yet calculated my efficiency but I was assuming 70% in setting my target, so I was somewhere south of that. Anyway, the thing that stands out in my mind is that I was so concerned with holding mash temp, and measuring ph, that I gave my mash a half ass stirring with the mash paddle (second ever brew with a cooler tun). I assume my efficiency goes up if I really get at it and break up the dough balls, right?

Yep, dough balls can certainly keep a few points in them. Once you begin to do the whole process over and over you wont forget anything like that and it will all be second nature.

Yep, dough balls can certainly keep a few points in them. Once you begin to do the whole process over and over you wont forget anything like that and it will all be second nature.

Exactly why I'm going through the notes again.

I had my BIAB process down to a reflex...then I moved to the tun and started all over.

Exactly why I'm going through the notes again.

I had my BIAB process down to a reflex...then I moved to the tun and started all over.

IT will take a few runs, but you will get it down quickly.

WAter with bisquits and gravy while the mash tun heats up. Im brewing up a large batch of AMERICAN pale ale, split between Brett b and Conan. MERICA! [URL=http://www.sherv.net/] [/URL]

Back