What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arcadia Loch Down Scotch Ale 9%. A little thin mouth feel but very caremelly and tasty. Kegged this morning

1400793807086.jpg

Have my son's baseball game tonight, so drinking a little Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. But I'll check in later! In the meantime, check out my cider article!

Having a afternoon coffee at work. Going to a viewing today with my mom. Got a chocolate oak Yeti waiting for me when i get home.

I have one sitting in my fridge and one in the basement. Might have that later.
Had my second nugget nectar a bit ago. Just took the 4yr old and the dog for a bike ride/walk and then trimmed the hedges. Time for another beer.

Mad Fox St. Swithen's ESB followed by their Big Chimney's Porter. Both on cask. Good stuff, but they are out of their Mild which is what I really wanted. Although they have a sour Barleywine. Which certainly piques my interest.

1400803428477.jpg

1400803441980.jpg

Mad Fox St. Swithen's ESB followed by their Big Chimney's Porter. Both on cask. Good stuff, but they are out of their Mild which is what I really wanted. Although they have a sour Barleywine. Which certainly piques my interest.

Ugh dude you wouldve loved Arcadia. All English style brews. The place smelled like a malted milk ball!!

Last bottle of last years kolsch. Trying to decide if I want to brew another batch this year. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400804266.875591.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just finished ridire's hb while tinkering with my stir plate. I think it is astringent but its not as bad as you made it out to be. Id love to try some of your other stuff sometime.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400804970.858795.jpg

So im brewing up a pale ale this weekend (6.5 gallons) and doing 3 gallons with brett b and the rest with conan. I wanna use what I have laying around and came up with this hop schedule. Is this too many different types? the descriptions seem to me that they could go well together, but I havent used most of these varieties before. Any help would be great!

1 oz Cluster @ 60 min
1 oz Simcoe @ 5 min
1 oz caliente @ 5 min
0.5 oz Millennium @ 1 min
0.5 oz Willamette @ 1 min
0.5 oz Nugget @ 1 min
1 oz simcoe Dry Hop 5 days (only in conan half)
1 oz Cluster Dry Hop 5 days (only in conan half)

Dc Brau on the wings of Armageddon ipa while I get ready to dry hop my HB ipa. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400805294.539663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just water tonight (as I've been cooking & prepping for the weekend,) but I just loaded 8L of sours (mostly RR & GI) into the fridge to kick things off tomorrow night when friends arrive. :mug:

Just finished ridire's hb while tinkering with my stir plate. I think it is astringent but its not as bad as you made it out to be. Id love to try some of your other stuff sometime.

It was undrinkable when I had it. I'm going to stick a few in the fridge this weekend to see if the extra conditioning time salvaged it at all. I'll send you one of my blondes when I brew it again (soon). That has been my best so far.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

That'll work for maybe a day and a half.

I gotta watch my weight. :D

Really, though. I don't want to get hammered around my aunt who is visiting from PR. She's seen quite the alcoholics in my family. I don't want to embarrass her.

Having a lemonade after my buddy picked up my guns to babysit them. Good thing my nearest neighbors have lots of guns and are cops. The area is safe.

Back