What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats on the baby girl FermentNEthing! Girls are such fun- I have two :)

drinking coffee. Feeding my son and then making my first all grain. Feeling really intimidated.

BIAB or a tun? Don't sweat it, it wasn't as big a thing as I expected it would be to make the leap. Of course, I went BIAB for half a dozen batches before getting the cooler tun. First BIAB brew is probably the best beer I've ever made.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

congrats on the baby girl FermentNEthing! Girls are such fun- I have two :)

drinking coffee. Feeding my son and then making my first all grain. Feeling really intimidated.

Dont be! Just try not to rush things and make sure you follow every step and it should be fine.

Congrats on the Daughter fermentNething :mug:

I do BIAB and don't see a reason to go to traditional all grain method personally because I make really good beer. Pulling The bag is way less of a PITA since I bought a pulley from Harbor Freight. Best $11 I ever spent.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400422096.219142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

BIAB or a tun? Don't sweat it, it wasn't as big a thing as I expected it would be to make the leap. Of course, I went BIAB for half a dozen batches before getting the cooler tun. First BIAB brew is probably the best beer I've ever made.

BIAB. I'm mashed in now. Thanks for the encouragement!

I'll be there in a few weeks...

What level of scouts? My boy is a Cub Scout, yet. A wolf, I believe (I'm not really involved in scouts other than getting him where he needs to be).

My son is working on his wolf right now in cub scouts too. After no beer all weekend I'm just about ready for one.

I do BIAB and don't see a reason to go to traditional all grain method personally because I make really good beer. Pulling The bag is way less of a PITA since I bought a pulley from Harbor Freight. Best $11 I ever spent.
View attachment 200172

The main reason I switched is because I eventually want to do big beers like RIS, etc. and want something that will accommodate the larger grain bills. I also want to be able to do decotation mashes for Scotch Strong Ales.

EDIT: but the score card so far looks like this:

Extract/PM = Decent Beer 1; Undrinkable Beer 1
BIAB = Decent Beer 1; Good Beer 3; Very Good Beer 2; Undrinkable Beer 0
Cooler Tun = Undrinkable Beer 1; Good Beer 0

Yeah I have a love for big beers... But we already have a pulley...

The main reason I switched is because I eventually want to do big beers like RIS, etc. and want something that will accommodate the larger grain bills. I also want to be able to do decotation mashes for Scotch Strong Ales.

I want to do a traditional 3 vessel brew because i'm curious to see if there is any difference in the rye ipa I brew the most often. I have brewed 2 RIS and I just did 12 gallons of Vanilla Bourbon Porter og = 1.086. i have to admit that I use a hybrid method where I sparge then squeeze the grains and I have an 11 gallon pot and keggle so I did 2 seperate mashes and mixed them in the keggle

EDIT: but the score card so far looks like this:

Extract/PM = Decent Beer 1; Undrinkable Beer 1
BIAB = Decent Beer 1; Good Beer 3; Very Good Beer 2; Undrinkable Beer 0
Cooler Tun = Undrinkable Beer 1; Good Beer 0

Lol i'm sure thst's just a function of getting used to the process. I made 10 or so extract/pm beers and they werent bad just was never happy witb them. I have been very happy with BIAB

Yeah I have a love for big beers... But we already have a pulley...

Utilize that pulley. I'm 47 and my back isnt what it used to be so I love my pulley

More Coff.

Gave 5-6 family members more than 2 cases of home brew combined yesterday. Christ.

Lol i'm sure thst's just a function of getting used to the process. I made 10 or so extract/pm beers and they werent bad just was never happy witb them. I have been very happy with BIAB

Yeah, I can identify at least two major mistakes with my tun brew (on top of it not being a proven recipe) and suspect another mistake. Next one will be good, I'm certain of it. My first BIAB was a vanilla blonde that I really liked and repeated with nearly identical results.

Yeah, I can identify at least two major mistakes with my tun brew (on top of it not being a proven recipe) and suspect another mistake. Next one will be good, I'm certain of it. My first BIAB was a vanilla blonde that I really liked and repeated with nearly identical results.

After 50+ biab brews the process is second nature except for temp contr which is kind of critical. I have 3 different thermometers and they all read a little different which irritates the **** out of me.

Time to celebrate! !!.... by myself

Congrats! Bling from a comp is nice validation on your brewing (but I still prefer feedback from folks on here.). :mug:

Brew day was officially canceled at 12:31 am this morning.

Meet my new daughter Peyton Elizabeth!
View attachment 200162

Congratulations! No better reason to defer a brew day!

Finishing up coffee and getting ready to get some things done around the house. Then beer. Better than the 8 (or so) Flying Fish Summer Farmhouse Ales I had last night.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400427081.717336.jpg
Why did I spend $9 for a 22oz bottle of Simtra when the best beer I've ever drank is $12 for a 6pack? Damn this is good

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400431938.461959.jpg

Bomber of my Hefeweizen. I'll get a better pic when I give a ****. :D

On my way to the beach in a bit.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400434406.749983.jpg
Brew day complete enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner with another White Rajah

Greenbush what? And did you like it? Just curious, visiting them next week. Ive enjoyed most of their stuff.
Having a late night sour before bed. Kuhnhenn Duvil in Ms. Jones
Umm I didn't log that into untappd for some reason. I bet I did like it.
Brew day was officially canceled at 12:31 am this morning.

Meet my new daughter Peyton Elizabeth!
View attachment 200162
Congrats! That's awesome!

Water. I was hammered.

Not drinking today. But I'll probably have one with my brother later when I go over to my mom's. It will be a High Life from the stash my dad left behind when he died one year ago today.

Not drinking today. But I'll probably have one with my brother later when I go over to my mom's. It will be a High Life from the stash my dad left behind when he died one year ago today.

💔😓😔

That time has passed. Unless you meant the need to drink High Life...but I secretly like High Life.

Lost my dad too have a miller high life to them

Back