What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing at the moment since I'm at work, however will be having a Troegs Hop Back Amber as soon as I get home.

beerloaf

image-3539465447.jpg

Oatmeal stout

SN Ruthless,have had it about a month at this point it seems to be losing some of the nose and unless its me and what i ate today,it seems alot drier and less if any of the malty sweetnes it had at the beginning.Hmm i do think i may be on the verge of a cold though.Its funny how so many factors can change your perception.Still a great beer, i still dont think its as good as founders or bear republics rye.It is its own-though just as the others and im shure i havent had some of the other good ryes unavailable.

Fuggles ipa because i was drinking my London bitter but my Fiance said she liked what i had better which was my homebrew(London bitter-very light) so im stuck with the fuggles englishybutterapple beer. My bitter-Smelled very sulfery anybody know what this is,ive never had it in a finished beer,smells like farty-eggs kinda but tastes great.Less filling too. Does this go away?Its already getting less harsh bitter which i already realized i overbitterd it for the lower gravity i actually got and wasnt expecting.So the bittering is the high end of its style plus a lower gravity.Looks great though.

Ska Brewing Euphoria Pale Ale. W:eek:W! Too bad I only have 1 can.

One of my favorate too, i almost forgot about that one.It might be my favorate pale ale actually.I had a sixer that went too quick a while back,i would say the name is pretty fitting.

I usually see this thread when I'm at work and never want to reply "coffee" and hate my response. Finally I can contribute...Breckenridge Brewery Small Batch 471. Sweet Baby Jesus this beer is good.

Sadly Corona, the SWMBO's father wants a few clear bottles for bottling. I just got him into homebrewing.......yes I am that guy! However, this weekend we will be enjoying a honey porter and a Power Pack Porter from Midwest, while doing some skiing at Crystal Mountain. Should be a fun, non sober weekend.

My "Dark Night Tangerine Porter" from Mosher's "Radical Brewing". Ninety days in the bottle and getting better all the time.

Just picked up a Boulder Beer sampler pack. Pretty good variety and quality in it. Hazed and Infused, MOJO, Flashback India Brown, and Swetty Betty Blonde Ale. I will be enjoying a few of those this evening and even more tomorrow.

The wife dropped me off at craft beer Mecca while she does a teleconference, so far I'm in on a Bluepoint Sour Cherry Imperial Stout and a Mojo...soon to be a belgian that I can't pronunce. Cheers to day drinking!

Big Flats Premium lager-cheap from walgreens. I thought it was pretty good.Maybe a pretty awesome lager as well, im pretty shure the miller light i use to drink,well this blew it away and was 3.19 a sixer,i think its a gem really.No complaints on this beer its very solid and probably underated.I think it may be my new favorate lager although i havent had an insane amount of lagers,this is friggin good. I guess maybe i should compare the big flatt light to milller light to be fair?Now it makes me want to try some light beers,damn.

Currently drinking my new favorite, Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye. Tomorrow night will be the first taste of my SMaSH 2-row cascade PA.

Since I am out of homebrew and out of state, all i've been drinking is Yuengling.
Better than any BMC and about the same price.

Lot No3 IPA from a brewery called Evolution Craft Brewing company out of eastern Maryland. This beer is amazing, just an exceptional example of the style. I shudder at using the term "balanced" because I think it's over-used to the point of meaningless, but it's just barely sweet, decent body but not too full (I prefer a little drier myself), and there is a good play between citrusy hops and piney/resiney hops. This is a damn fine beer.

FWIW, Evo also makes an other-worldly ESB. IF you're in the DC-VA-MD-DE area (I'm not sure exactly where they distribute to) you would be well worth your while to grab yourself some beer from these guys, they are doing it right.

I also got a sixer of SN Bigfoot 2012. I honestly don't think I've ever had this before, but I'm loving it. I don't drink a ton of barleywines, so I don't have much to compare it to, I had the Widmer Galaxy Hopped Barleywine, and wasn't impressed- to sweet IMHO. This Bigfoot is great, though. There's that "balanced" word again, ugh, but the bitterness on this bad boy is impressive and counteracts the sweetness from the malt body, the exact problem I had with the Widmer offering. I'm probably going to pick up a few more sixers of this and age them just for kicks to see what happens.

VTDuffman said:
Lot No3 IPA from a brewery called Evolution Craft Brewing company out of eastern Maryland. This beer is amazing, just an exceptional example of the style. I shudder at using the term "balanced" because I think it's over-used to the point of meaningless, but it's just barely sweet, decent body but not too full (I prefer a little drier myself), and there is a good play between citrusy hops and piney/resiney hops. This is a damn fine beer.

FWIW, Evo also makes an other-worldly ESB. IF you're in the DC-VA-MD-DE area (I'm not sure exactly where they distribute to) you would be well worth your while to grab yourself some beer from these guys, they are doing it right.

I also got a sixer of SN Bigfoot 2012. I honestly don't think I've ever had this before, but I'm loving it. I don't drink a ton of barleywines, so I don't have much to compare it to, I had the Widmer Galaxy Hopped Barleywine, and wasn't impressed- to sweet IMHO. This Bigfoot is great, though. There's that "balanced" word again, ugh, but the bitterness on this bad boy is impressive and counteracts the sweetness from the malt body, the exact problem I had with the Widmer offering. I'm probably going to pick up a few more sixers of this and age them just for kicks to see what happens.

Ditto on Evolution, they are doing good work.

...and Im drinking a Brooklyn Black Choc on draft

Mt.Hood pale ale- here- pretty good.:mug: And now my Organic British Bastard-even better.

0223022052-1.jpg

i had ten rodenbachs at the bar- just because i need bottles (11.2- what IS that???)
i am beerfasting today and tomorrow and now i am drinking an EPA after my dopplebock late night dinner. ishouldator.

spearko520 said:
i had ten rodenbachs at the bar- just because i need bottles (11.2- what IS that???)
i am beerfasting today and tomorrow and now i am drinking an EPA after my dopplebock late night dinner. ishouldator.

330 ml. In Aussie it was called a midi.

Back