What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure AllenH can chime in on this.

I generally avoid pepper beers that aren't stouts (had a bad run in with that con calor Founders beer), so I haven't picked one up yet.
Edit* Mango Magnifico is the beer I was thinking of

You're not from CT, you just won't understand

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398210443.323491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ah, makes sense. It definitely looked like it was hovering above the countertop.

I could go for another strawberry blonde. Very nicely brewed beer.

I'm thinking of doing one this summer. I have a solid blonde recipe, how do I best add the strawberry? I was thinking of dropping a pound of frozen berries, in a muslin bag, into the secondary for two weeks. Good plan?

I'm thinking of doing one this summer. I have a solid blonde recipe, how do I best add the strawberry? I was thinking of dropping a pound of frozen berries, in a muslin bag, into the secondary for two weeks. Good plan?

For a typical 5-gallon recipe you aren't going to get a whole lot of strawberry flavor from a pound. It sort of depends on what you want out of it though. I use 4 pounds in my recipe (see link to the left).

Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti bomber and Espresso Oak Aged Yeti bomber and now I am drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

One pound will add pretty much nothing. I've brewed with strawberries before, but never done a strawberry blonde, but I was recently able to try Hello's, very good beer. It had a nice strawberry aroma and flavor without overpowering the whole beer. Perhaps she can share how many strawberries she used.

I rack onto 5# frozen strawberries and 1/2# lactose. Had 3 of those strawberry blondes earlier, and now onto a PA.

Back