What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i was doing a 5 gallon batch but ive been used to 6 lately, so i sparged up to 8 gallons instead of 7 preboil. Gravity was really low, obviously, so i had to add 2 cups DME. Itll be beer though, just pisses me off. Plus a buddy was over so I wasnt as focused on the brew as I should have been. He showed up after the mash, so its still all on me. Just a non-enjoyable brew session. I will stick to weekend morning brews.

Was this the RIS? I'm sure it'll work out fine.

Wasser.

More Coff.

Woke up super early so I could be at the office for a telepresence conference with these darn Brits. Just got a meeting invite for next week. Today's early morning meeting has been canceled. FML.

Can't wait to get home and drink. Huskies. MSG. Let's do it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Water.
Anyone wanna tell a dummy (me) how to set up my Johnson controller? :eek:

Plug it in? :ban:

If it is anything like my cheapo aquarium controller, you can take an outlet, split it (individual controls for each receptacle), and put one on your got and one on your cold. Make sure you run your neutral wire through the Johnson rather than your hot wire.

Coffee.

Terrible brew day, getting better now.

Sorry about the brew day.
I love Buried Hatchet. They'll most likely have it on nitro for their anniversary party Saturday. Mmmm, can't wait. It'll taste even better with a horse head on. ;)

Sorry about the brew day.
I love Buried Hatchet. They'll most likely have it on nitro for their anniversary party Saturday. Mmmm, can't wait. It'll taste even better with a horse head on. ;)

No worries, it was my own mistake. I ended up with an extra gallon of RIS, so thats always a plus. Buried Hatchet was very good. So much roast going on, I loved that. Hopefully they have a better animal policy then Boulevard did.

No worries, it was my own mistake. I ended up with an extra gallon of RIS, so thats always a plus. Buried Hatchet was very good. So much roast going on, I loved that. Hopefully they have a better animal policy then Boulevard did.

Haha, hope so too. This brewery allows dogs during their open house hours, why not a horse head mask wearing idiot. :D

Some Brazilian coffee I roasted last night, damn fine if I do say so myself but it will be better after a day or two more rest. I need to start roasting larger batches.

Sounds like they made you sign a NDA....congrats on going public!

You know this means more trades, right?

Haha nothing like that. My girlfriends parents invested and I just didnt want to "leak" anything before they publicly announced it. And heck yeah more trades to come :D

Haha nothing like that. My girlfriends parents invested and I just didnt want to "leak" anything before they publicly announced it. And heck yeah more trades to come :D

Until they start distributing more places and we don't need you anymore ;)

Plug it in? :ban:

If it is anything like my cheapo aquarium controller, you can take an outlet, split it (individual controls for each receptacle), and put one on your got and one on your cold. Make sure you run your neutral wire through the Johnson rather than your hot wire.

Coffee.

I meant the menu settings. The directions talk about jumpers and crap. And it's a wired A419...all set just need to know if I understand the settings.

Well i was doing a 5 gallon batch but ive been used to 6 lately, so i sparged up to 8 gallons instead of 7 preboil. Gravity was really low, obviously, so i had to add 2 cups DME. Itll be beer though, just pisses me off. Plus a buddy was over so I wasnt as focused on the brew as I should have been. He showed up after the mash, so its still all on me. Just a non-enjoyable brew session. I will stick to weekend morning brews.

I'd totally blame the guy that showed up with the tortas and helped mash in. :D :p

Coke...waiting for beer-o-clock.

I'd do it for sure. It's like a south of the border version of a Bloody Mary.

In fact, it sounds pretty damn good. And, I can eat ceviche in large quantities. :)

Yep, sounds okay to me. Although, I'm with you, I'd be ordering the ceviche. I could sit on the beach(in a chair of course, since I don't like sand on me) and eat ceviche and drink beer all day long.

The basketball talk has dwindled down in here. What happened to the Jayhawk, K-State and Syracuse fans? :D

Afternoon Coff before I get going with the beers. Still gives me goosebumps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahSNN9mo9PE

kemba.jpg

Felt like I just drank half the swimming pool. Just went swimming (for exercise, not pleasure). Training for a swim test at work. I need a beer after that. Lets hope this water dilutes the chlorine in my stomach haha.

Enjoying a SN torpedo after a ****ty night of making cheese....yea it's in a hill farmstead glass, because I'm ****ing wild like that. Ready to try a couple new ones to me.
Has anyone tried oakshire watershed ipa? Hadn't seen it before, figured I'd try!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396033428.366184.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm a fixin' to start my build this weekend.

just had an AMP and now on to more coffee.

So far I have my bottom frame and collar but I stopped to get beer last night. I am using 2x4s to frame it up and 1/4 plywood as the overlay. The issue will be how I intend to work the collar into this. I thought I had a nice planned drawing but I lost it at Home Depot.

So far I have $122 into the lumber. That stupid 1/4" red oak plywood is the same damn price as 1/2", which is stupid. I just didn't think I needed 1/2" plus the freezer will not be so cramped with such a thin sheet of wood enclosing it. I will have more lumber costs when I finish it with things like crown molding or something like that. I also need to spend $14 on a piece of insulation but I was going to do that when it was all done and I had decided where i was going to mount things.

Oh ****...I'm rambling. I'm about to drink a beer. Standby boys.

Back